Job Title: Staff Software Engineer – AI Search
Location(s): Boston, MA/Kirkland, WA
ServiceNow is changing the way people work. With a service-orientation toward the activities, tasks and processes that make up day-to-day work life, we help the modern enterprise operate faster and be more scalable than ever before.
We’re disruptive. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. We are highly adaptable and constantly evolving. We are passionate about our product, and we live for our customers. We have high expectations and a career at ServiceNow means challenging yourself to always be better.
What you get to do in this role:
As a Staff Software Engineer you will play a critical role in the AI Search Platform group’s AI team. We’re looking for team-oriented problem solvers with a long-term mindset and with deep expertise in all aspects of enterprise software development. We are looking for team members to help us design and implement AI technologies in order to transform our end user experiences. Successful team members at ServiceNow have a passion to be a part of, lead, and grow amazing teams. You'll also work cross functionally to deliver innovative software designs and solutions to both internal and external developers and customers.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Architect, design, and build innovative search + AI/ML capabilities with high scalability and quality. Problem spaces includes:
- Machine learning based relevancy
- Snippet / Answer extraction
- Q&A systems
- Content Suggestion
- Contextual Relevancy
- Collaborate and help implement cutting edge search capabilities and technologies ranging from keyword search and word/paragraph vectorization to knowledge graphs and ML.
- Implement cutting edge search capabilities and technologies ranging from keyword search and word/paragraph vectorization to knowledge graphs and ML.
- Design and architect tools, libraries, and frameworks with long term platform implications for high modularity, extensibility, configurability, and maintainability
- Lead and coordinate work cross functionally to improve architecture, developing process and mentoring junior members in the team
- Design and deliver outstanding search experiences for our customers and developers
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- 8+ years of software research and development experience with recent projects including AI and machine learning technologies.
- Passion for problem solving, software architecture, and development
- Expertise at building highly scalable frameworks for processing streaming data and query/result pipelines for end user and machine-driven query processing
- Experience with open source or commercial search technology such as Lucene, Solr, ElasticSearch, or Attivio
- Experience with open source technologies like Linux, Apache/Tomcat, and MySQL
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with relational databases and SQL
- Experience writing scalable REST APIs
- Expertise with Java 8+
- Bachelor’s/Master's degree in Computer Science or a related discipline
The following search-related skills are highly desired:
- Experience in core search engineering including implementing search solutions ranging from keyword search to advanced semantic intent/search capabilities
- Deep and broad working knowledge of various search technologies including Lucene, Solr, Elastic, Attivio, text vectorization, and NLP/NLU.
- Working with both large and small scale data sets to efficiently process information and design systems to use this data for machine learning purposes.
- Expertise in high-performance index architectures, ETL and/or graph databases
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at (408) 501-8550, or [email protected] for assistance.