Staff Software Engineer - Database systems at ServiceNow
ServiceNow makes the world of work, work better for people. We help our customers automate and improve their operations in three core areas; within their IT teams, with their employees, and with their customers.
The ServiceNow platform not only powers every ServiceNow delivered application but also allows customers to create their own custom applications and solutions. Our goal is to build a high performing, scalable and robust database platform that can support the various workloads our customers deploy.
As our customer base and their usage grows, it is imperative for our database platform to adapt to support different workloads as demanded by our customers. Our database engineering team is responsible for building the core engine which supports these use cases. This includes developing in-memory and on-disk data structures and algorithms, row and columnar stores, networking, query optimization, and execution.
In this team, we are looking for a self-starter with a passion to solve really hard technical and architectural problems working both independently and as a part of a team. If you’re passionate about what you do and are interested in developing solutions that make a difference while having fun, ServiceNow is the place for you!
What you get to do in this role:
- Be part of a team of talented engineers & technical partners building the next-gen database platform.
- Analyze and understand performance and scalability bottlenecks in the system to solve problems
- Own production systems rollout, perform production testing/ debugging and provide workarounds while collaborating with the team to provide long-term solutions.
- Further your passion for solving complex problems which provide significant customer value
In order to be successful, we need someone who has:
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 8+ years of software development and deployment experience
- Experience coding in C/C++, Go, Ruby or Java
- Technical aptitude with a proven experience in deploying and debugging large scale distributed databases/operating systems
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- A strong track record of project delivery for large, cross-functional projects
- Experience with Cloud Application Development Platforms
- Experience with Database configurations and management is a plus.
- Excellent written, verbal communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at (408) 501-8550, or [email protected] for assistance.