Director of User Experience at Hiya, Inc.
Director of User Experience
We believe that phone calls should be secure, engaging, void of fraud and robocalls. We believe the phone app is the most outdated app on your smartphone, that the phone network is the largest social network in the world and it lacks a trust and engagement layer. You should know who's calling you and why! You should get the calls that are relevant to you (at that time) and none of the ones that aren't. Hiya is building the modern layer for the phone call experience. We already serve nearly 100M users worldwide directly through our apps and in partnership with mobile device makers like Samsung and mobile carriers like AT&T. Are you ready to lead an engineering team on the road to help us serve 1B users?
We are hiring a Director of User Experience to shape and manage our consumer and partner product designs. You'll have a small and growing team of designers and researchers reporting to you. You'll report directly to the VP of Mobile Apps and you'll work closely with executives and product managers on strategic matters representing the users’ perspective.
In this role, you will:
- Be an individual contributor, owning key areas of product design
- Define and advance our design system and visual design language
- Inspire, lead, mentor and grow a small but mighty product design team
- Cultivate a user centered, data driven culture where qualitative and quantitative research informs best-in-class design solutions
- Translate input from stakeholders into effective designs without enabling a committee-driven culture
- Lead product design and ideation workshops with internal teams and external partners
- Contribute to strategic and tactical roadmap planning and product definition
- Be pragmatic in your approach but unwavering in your commitment to delivering products that users genuinely love
What we expect from you:
- You have been a hands-on user experience designer for more than 10 years
- You have managed a team of user experience designers and/or researchers
- You have worked at a startup (< 500 employees) in the last 5 years or you believe you'll excel in a startup environment (high ambiguity, high urgency, fast-paced, low support structure)
- You believe that technology exists to make the world a better place and you are passionate at managing and leading people to achieve their full potential
- You have designed or managed teams who designed for mobile and/or SaaS applications
What you should expect from us:
- Work at a supportive and fast-growing startup with a fantastic team
- Make an impact in the lives of tens of millions of consumers
- Many office perks and great company benefits
- Collaborate and learn from other great team members
- Support in developing your skills and accelerating your career
You'll be an important member of our team to help us serve 1B consumers and you'll have the exposure and experience to accelerate your career growth while making phone calls better for everyone.
Hiya is a fast-growing startup that offers a team of dynamic and experienced executives at the helm, and a hardworking team of international colleagues at your side. We value getting things done for our customers and consistently improving ourselves and products along the way.
Hiya is an equal opportunity employer. We value and embrace diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age or disability status.
This position is based in Seattle in our beautiful waterfront office, next to Pike Place Market.