Help us move the world with images!
Getty is embarking on its next wave of innovation in visual storytelling and how to put the perfect image or video in our customer’s hands, be it for a society-changing headline or a brand’s next big campaign—truly moving the world with images.
Getty Images is the most trusted and esteemed source of visual content in the world, with over 200 million assets available through its industry-leading sites www.gettyimages.com and www.istock.com. The Getty Images website serves creative, business and media customers in almost 200 countries and is the first place people turn to discover, purchase and share powerful content from the world's best photographers and videographers.
Getty Images works with over 200,000 contributors and hundreds of image partners to provide comprehensive coverage of more than 130,000 news, sport and entertainment events, impactful creative imagery to communicate any commercial concept and the world's deepest digital archive of historic photography.
Getty Images is the starting point for our customers imagery search. Customers are confident that they are going directly to the best source of content, and that Getty's search engine will surface only the most relevant content to them and have the tools they need to refine and explore creatively.
Our customers will be able to communicate effortlessly with Getty Images, in their quest to find the right imagery. Using text, voice, or visual channels, they will have the ability to describe their content needs creatively and thoroughly. Getty Images' search will eliminate the barrier that exists between a creative art director and a technical researcher.
Success starts with having the right people. At Getty Images, we value and mentor each member of our growing team. We seek out talented, goal-oriented professionals who live and breathe the Internet and thrive in a flexible but challenging work environment. Our team of innovators has enabled Getty Images to sustain high levels of profitability and success while evolving along with the Internet for over 20 years.
Getty Images is seeking an experienced and passionate Head of Product Design to bring leadership, vision and creative oversight to our design team. As Head of Product Design, you’ll represent design at Getty Images both internally and externally. You’ll be responsible for spearheading progress, establishing the standards for creative excellence, and ensuring members of your design organization have the support they need to feel happy, productive, and empowered to create outstanding customer experiences.
Your next challenge:
- Support and lead the multiple design teams who are responsible for Getty Images’ digital products.
- Provide a creative vision and strategy, not just for your design team, but for all of Getty Images.
- Recruit, onboard and develop world-class design leaders and team members.
- Craft a culture and structure that enables and encourages designers to create the best work of their careers at Getty Images.
- Champion ongoing improvements and set a high bar for creative excellence.
- Partner with senior leaders across our business to establish a clear vision, and provide guidance and support for achieving impactful results.
- Represent design with credibility, clarity, and confidence inside and outside Getty Images
- Create a broad and inclusive culture of design that everyone, regardless of title, can contribute to.
- Foster collaboration between design, product and engineering teams.
What you’ll need:
- Experience motivating and managing a team of Product Designers.
- People management experience with strengths in leading, mentoring, and coaching.
- Experience interacting with executive leadership.
- A positive and collaborative attitude with a passion for design excellence.
- Experience working with large, customer-facing e-commerce experiences, as well as complex workflow tools.
- Strong understanding of end-to-end design and the many skills that fit under the title of Product Designer, including: interaction design, visual design, writing, and front-end development.
- Solid history of outstanding design work paired with an ability to coach and mentor a team.
- Knowledge of how to use data and customer research to continuously improve designs.
- Ability to balance being a strong design advocate, while remaining empathetic and seeking consensus with peers.
Visit Getty Images at www.gettyimages.com to learn more about how the company is advancing the unique role of still and moving imagery in communication and business, and enabling creative ideas to come to life. For company news and announcements, visit our Press Room, and for the stories and inspiration behind our content, visit Stories & Trends. Find Getty Images on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest and Tumblr, or download the Getty Images app where you can explore, save and share the world's best imagery.
Getty Images is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. Getty Images believes that diversity is critical to our success in moving the world with images and is committed to creating an inclusive, mutually respectful environment which celebrates diversity. We seek to hire on the basis of merit, competence, performance, and business needs.