Instructional Design Manager at Expedia Group
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the Expedia Partner Solutions (EPS) division within Expedia Group in the role of Instructional Design Manager.
The Instructional Design Manager reports to the Snr Learning & Development Manager and is responsible for building, organising and maintaining technical training solutions to improve skills and knowledge within our sales teams. From onboarding through to specific training on products, processes and tools, this role immerses itself into the world of sales and looks to translate complex information into easily understood training materials.
Who you are…
- Proven experience in designing various technical sales solutions including the writing/building of specific training content.
- Experience developing and producing online, self-facilitated training materials in a variety of formats.
- Experience in facilitating and delivering training in both a virtual and face-to-face setting.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of technical training philosophies and adult educational practices.
- Proven ability to build strong relations with multiple stakeholders.
- Solid planning and project management skills.
- Ability to communicate complex information to all types of audiences.
- Self-confident and able to deal with complexity.
- Familiarity with relevant computer programs including proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint as well as course delivery platforms such as Showpad Coach.
- The ability and desire to travel and work flexible hours to provide both training and support to multiple global locations.
What you’ll do…
- Work with relevant stakeholders to determine the priority, objective, target audience, scope or updating requirements with input from subject matter experts (SMEs).
- Research content, storyboard and work with SMEs to transform content into effective and engaging learning, using multiple learning tools and techniques.
- Develop effective assessments/certifications that accurately assess our sales team’s knowledge and ability to apply concepts.
- Continually design, review and develop training materials to ensure consistency, flow and structure within the entire portfolio.
- Collaborate with content production providers (internal and external) to deliver and developed content on time, to specification and within budget.
- Design, launch and maintain a new sales onboarding program that works in harmony with both the Expedia Group and our divisional EPS Welcome Aboard program.
Why join us…
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.