Senior Product Designer at Getty Images
Your next challenge:
Getty Images believes the right image can move the world. For over 20 years, we’ve helped creative, business and media customers to define moments and shift perceptions using powerful imagery from www.gettyimages.com and www.istockphoto.com. With over 300 million images and video clips from over 250,000 creators and partners, Getty Images is a world leader in visual communications.
You’ll be a key member of a team devoted to creating industry-defining desktop and mobile tools for the world’s best photographers, illustrators, and filmmakers. As a Senior Product Designer at Getty Images, you’ll be empowered to drive meaningful change while partnering closely with a cross-functional team. You’ll draw on your substantial design expertise as you work on projects that let you flex your product design, interaction design and visual design muscles. And you’ll help everyone on the team benefit from your years of experience by engaging in regular, constructive critiques as you iterate and collaborate on defining the best possible solution. You’re a confident designer who backs up design decisions with well-thought-out rationale and you’re just as comfortable leading projects as you are supporting them.
- Influence your team’s roadmap and contribute to high-level strategic decisions in collaboration with design, product and engineering leadership.
- Partner closely within a cross-functional team of designers, product managers, engineers, analysts and researchers to drive designs from conception to launch (and then some).
- Embrace complexity of enterprise tools, weighing what’s best for the business with the what’s best for the users.
- Bring clarity to ambiguity as you facilitate team discussions and activities.
- Support and mentor team members at varying levels, providing feedback and guidance to help them develop professionally.
- Navigate a fast-paced agile environment with team members in different offices by balancing independent self-direction with frequent collaboration and open communication.
- Work within an established design system while contributing to its evolution – crafting consistent, high-quality designs that are both highly aesthetic and easy to use.
- Tell compelling stories when you share designs and decisions with your team and senior leadership.
- Embrace a culture of feedback by giving and soliciting feedback from other designers, managers, stakeholders and your cross-functional team to continually raise the bar on quality.
You should have:
- At least 5 years of experience in Product Design with products that have been released to market.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Positive, collaborative attitude with a passion for design excellence.
- Broad understanding of end-to-end design and the many skills that fit under the title of Product Designer, including interaction design, visual design, writing and front-end development.
- A solid history of outstanding design work and a portfolio of strong examples with stories of how your end-to-end design approach and role led to meaningful improvements.
- Proven ability to manage multiple and distinct projects at the same time.
- Ability to balance being a key partner, who is empathic towards their peers and seeks consensus, with being a strong advocate and champion for design.
- Experience thriving in an agile/lean development environment.
- Serious skills with industry-standard design tools and software like Sketch, InVision and Principle.