Senior Product/Visual Designer, Design System at Flexport
Flexport’s mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. To achieve this goal, the Flexport User Experience (UX) team creates end-to-end experiences for our clients, partners, and operations teams. Flexport’s design system, Latitude, is an evolving system that serves a group of over 500 designers, product managers, and engineers. As a Sr. Designer on the Design Systems team, you will focus on managing and evolving Flexport’s design language across our entire line of web and mobile products. Some of your main areas of contribution will include refining and expanding our shared design components, visual style, and documentation. In pursuing this mission, you’ll empower teams throughout Flexport to build cohesive and scalable experiences in an efficient manner through maintaining design specifications, patterns, and reusable components.You will:
- Drive the experience design, visual style, and development of our design system
- Collaborate across design and engineering to align teams and educate on our system’s best practices
- Work with product designers to design scalable components.
- Define accompanying design guidelines which articulate user needs/scenarios.
- Build and foster design system culture across our organization. We care deeply about our designer and developer experiences.
- Present work in a range of fidelities.
- Provide mentorship to more junior designers.
- Inspire your team to push the boundaries of UX quality.
- 5+ years professional hands-on design experience.
- Strong portfolio of product design work illustrating multiple successfully launched products. Please include a link and password to your portfolio.
- Ability to clearly articulate your work and rationale while advocating for UX.
- Expert understanding and application of user-centered design methods.
- Experience working with product teams in a dynamic, agile environment.
- Experience working on or leading a mature design system.
- Strong visual design skills.
- A fluent understanding and ability of design within Figma
- A degree in HCI, UX, Interaction, Graphic Design, or related fields is preferred.
- You’ve worked on design systems in the past
- You understand the core features in Figma, relative to design systems
- You have experience with HTML & CSS and like to prototype with code
- You have experience working with git
Don’t be! Our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. That’s why it’s important to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the global logistics industry forward.
We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.