Senior Quantitative User Researcher
ServiceNow is changing the way people work with enterprise grade solutions that automate tasks and processes across systems that make the world of work, work better for people. Our market leading Application Platform as a Service is used by thousands of large companies and governmental organizations worldwide, is trusted to keep customer information safe and compliant, and while delivering amazing IT, Employee and Customer experiences with various ServiceNow applications.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Customer and Market Researcher who will be responsible for defining, planning and executing strategies for collecting and analyzing primary customer and product research. This includes defining goals and objectives, timelines, and the appropriate research methodologies and techniques for different research studies.
The Senior Quantitative User Researcher understands customer needs and how to best improve their experiences. Working closely with research leadership and individual stakeholders including designers, user researchers and product managers in various business units, insights from research is used to inform product strategies, short- and long-term roadmaps, and influence new user experiences.
- Represent the needs of ServiceNow customers or partners and their end users associated with ServiceNow's products, competing products, or future concepts.
- Work with key stakeholders including designers, other researchers, and product managers to identify objectives, goals, timelines and research execution plan.
- Executes all types and steps of qualitative and quantitative primary research and analysis, from early discovery, usage and needs, through product design validation.
- Apply appropriate research techniques and methods for the specific project. Methods such as online surveys, individual customer interviews, focus groups, diary studies, journey mapping, user flows, information architecture definition, wireframing and others to aid in the formulation of insights that improve product functionality and user experience.
- Develop sample plans, survey questionnaires, discussion guides, and other instruments from rough outline to final version.
- Program online surveys including logic, QA/detect issues in programmed survey, with ability to recognize potential survey problems and provide viable solutions.
- Combine customer demographics, preferences and needs to identify potential factors affecting product satisfaction, functionality and potential usage.
- Define cross-tabulations, create, and check Microsoft Excel tables, data filters needed for graphs/visualizations, and uncover data discrepancies.
- Text analysis and coding of open-end responses which might include product feature requests, problem reports, discussion forums, and community discussions.
- Analyze and synthesize qualitative and quantitative data in order to generate strategic and tactical insights with actionable recommendations that drive product improvements, innovations, and customer experience improvements.
- Prepare reports of findings, create PowerPoint and Excel reports, explaining methods used and insights learned, and presenting research results to key stakeholders and leadership (C-Level, director level).
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- 6-8 years direct experience in a custom research supplier or at a company applying primary market, industry or user research for its product development purposes.
- Experience working with Enterprise IT software (e.g. ServiceNow, Microsoft, Oracle, Salesforce, PeopleSoft), ideally a background in Application Platform as a Service (PaaS) or Software as a Service (SaaS) applications.
- Experience developing insightful, probing questions that resonate with both highly technical individuals through business minded end-users using enterprise software.
- Can quickly understand customer needs, taking the initiative to interact with customers, managing expectations, responding to their requests, and communicating feedback in a simple, clear, and concise manner.
- Proven history of independently defining, planning and executing research strategies including defining objectives, goals, timelines and ability to select the appropriate methodology for the project. This includes developing sample plans and designing data collection instruments.
- Survey programing and logic experience, and a good understanding survey sampling and quota issues. Experience with Focus Vision Decipher is a plus.
- Excellent analytical skills (mathematical, statistical, and financial). Experience with applying common multivariate techniques including correlation and regression, excellent bi-variate analysis skills, including strong Excel experience.
- Experience synthesizing data and reporting research results using an analytical approach, selecting statistical procedures, conducting statistical analysis beyond basic descriptive statistics, performing significance testing, and summarizing key insights. Experience with SPSS, Q-Research or similar and with crosstab/banner tools.
- Knowledge of user interface design principles, usability evaluation techniques, perception, cognition, task analysis, experimental design and statistics to best inform useful and usable recommendations.
- Exceptional written and oral communication abilities. Can prepare reports of findings, illustrating data graphically and translating complex findings into written text. Experience working with and presenting research results to executive leadership (C-Level, director level).
- Willing to be proactive and take initiative to learn about ServiceNow products and customers
- Ability to work independently with little supervision on complex projects requiring frequent problem solving and critical thinking
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- 10+ years direct experience specifying and applying custom market, industry or user research for product development purposes.
- A background in Application Platform as a Service (PaaS) or Software as a Service (SaaS) platforms.
- Advanced degree in the Human-Computer Interaction, Human Factors, Cognitive Psychology, or other related degrees
- At least 12 years or equivalent combination of education and experience successfully applying customer-centered design
Up to 20% annually
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at (408) 501-8550, or [email protected] for assistance.