Senior Unity UI Artist (Contract to Hire)
We’re all in at DoubleDown. Are you?
We are expanding and looking for an energetic, self-propelled Unity UI Artist to join our creative team on a contract to hire basis. In this position you will create compelling, emotionally impactful designs that increase player satisfaction while enhancing the established style and brand. You’ll have the opportunity to use your inspiration, creativity, and experience to deliver experiences that are not only visually outstanding, simple to use and fun to play, but are also designed with a user-centered approach to ensure that we are adding value and meeting the needs of our users. We have a fast-paced, collaborative environment where you will work with artists, game designers, producers and programmers in the creation and implementation of leading edge games and features.
Roll the dice
We're DoubleDown Interactive, a talented team of approximately 150 Software Engineers, Game Designers, Artists, Producers, Marketers, Analytical Experts, and more. Located in Seattle’s International District, we create fun, authentic casino-style entertainment via free-to-play social and mobile games, enjoyed by millions of players worldwide. As a leader in the social casino space, we continue to revolutionize through constant innovation. Known for our fun and collaborative culture, we move quickly todeliver exciting online game experiences to casino enthusiasts and social gamers alike!
What you should bring to the table
- Bachelors degree in related field or equivalent professional experience
- 5+ years of experience as a UI designer, visual designer, interaction designer or similar user-centric design roles
- Experience with mobile app development in shipping at least one high quality title
- Experience with Unity implementation and product builds
- Positive, coachable, and collaborative spirit
- Ability to wear many hats and juggle many tasks while delivering on time
- Serious passion for user-centered design
- Examples of wireframes, flow diagrams and visual designs that illustrate taking a design from concept to implementation
- Demonstrated understanding of information flow, readability, and interface usability principles
- Solid design, typographic, layout, and compositing abilities
- Experience creating prototypes — with proficiency in Unity, Adobe Photoshop, Fireworks, Axure or other common development tools
- Experience creating animations/videos that demonstrate the flow and progression of a user interacting with our UI
- Motion Graphics experience
Other cards you might be holding
- Avid gamer that can connect with slots/casino core demographic
- Tech savvy, self-motivated, and prolific with a desire to lead by example
- Casino game creation experience, especially slots
- 3D modeling/sculpting and lighting
- Experience working with 3rd parties
- Experience working with well known brands
- Experience with Agile, JIRA, kanban, or similar project management systems
- Knowledge of version control, Perforce a plus
Winning the jackpot
Collaboration is key! You will work closely with developers and artists to implement art within our established pipeline while helping to define new and improved pipelines. With your fellow art and design colleagues, you will develop and advance our visual style by creating high quality UI graphics and prototypes to engage and impact player engagement to grow our business! We hold each person accountable for their actions and expect you to be a positive influence that executes assigned tasks while helping your team members whenever possible. Since you are always growing as a(n) artist/designer being able to take feedback professionally and having the ability to develop art to manage and project expectations in a timely manner is how we roll! No task is too small, you must also be comfortable taking on a variety of tasks, from general production work to difficult to solve problems!
Placing your best bet - the responsibilities
- Mobile app development
- Porting existing game art, supporting game porting team
- UI design and prototype development
- Innovating within technical limitations
- Working collaboratively with clear communication
Cashing in on the comps
- It’s a gaming company, so take a gaming break and get to know your coworkers with a little competitive fun! Square off over ping pong, foosball, or pinball in our arcade. Like console games? Challenge your coworkers to a gaming break. You’ll find plenty of takers for a tabletop gaming session, too!
- Hungry? Head to one of our two kitchens fully stocked with snacks and beverages.
- You’ll never want to take the day off on Wednesdays, when we even provide a gourmet breakfast.
- Want to go out to lunch sometimes, too? Our International District location is perfectly situated near a variety of excellent restaurants.