Senior UX & UI Designer
We’re all in at DoubleDown. Are you?
We are expanding and looking for an excited, enthusiastic, energetic, self-propelled UX/UI Designer to join our creative team!
In this position you will create compelling, emotionally impactful artwork that increases player satisfaction while enhancing the established style and branding of our DoubleDown Fort Knox application. You’ll have the opportunity to blend your inspiration, creativity, and experience to research findings and data analytics, to deliver experiences that are not only visually outstanding, simple to use and fun to play, but are also designed with a user-centered approach to ensure that we are adding value and meeting the needs of our players.
We have a fast-paced, collaborative environment where you will work with artists, game designers, producers, and programmers in the creation and implementation of leading-edge games and features.
Be a high roller at DoubleDown
We're DoubleDown Interactive, a talented team of approximately 150 Software Engineers, Game Designers, Artists, Producers, Marketers, Analytical Experts, and more. Located in Seattle’s International District, we create fun, authentic casino-style entertainment via free-to-play social and mobile games, enjoyed by millions of players worldwide. As a leader in the social casino space, we continue to revolutionize through constant innovation. Known for our fun and collaborative culture, we move quickly to deliver exciting online game experiences to casino enthusiasts and social gamers alike.
What you should bring to the table
- A serious passion for user-centered design, the ability to relay your thoughts and designs to other disciplines, and an excellent ability to collaborate and work with others to achieve team goals.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience as a UX designer, visual designer, interaction designer or similar user-centric design roles.
- Examples of wireframes, flow diagrams and visual designs that illustrate taking a design from concept to implementation.
- Demonstrated understanding of information flow, readability, and interface usability principles.
- Exceptional design, artistic, typographic, layout, and compositing abilities.
- Ability to work in Unity to create User Interfaces, edit and lay out scenes, fix bugs, and implement features.
- Experience and examples creating software applications, games, and/or mobile applications.
- Experience creating prototypes with proficiency in Adobe Photoshop, Fireworks, Axure, or other common prototyping tools.
Other cards you might be holding:
- Experience designing on Android and iOS phones and tablets.
- Easily adapts and learns new things (e.g., a new prototyping tool, game, or design process).
- Both a conceptual thinker and a detailed designer that works well with others — developers, producers, engineers, and executives.
- Excellent time management and task planning, flexible to work on multiple projects with different deadlines.
Placing your best bet - the responsibilities
- Attend standups daily to understand the ongoing team work.
- Work with a small group of talented designers, producers, developers, and artists to brainstorm, design, create, and release new features for our customers.
- Create documentation, wireframes, prototypes, and work in Unity to bring your creations to life for our passionate app users.
- Work with Research to show our prototype and ‘in development work’ to our customers, gather their feedback, and adjust features to meet their needs.
Hitting the jackpot
Help us to define and validate current User Personas, Scenarios and Value Propositions to help developers, designers and stakeholders across the company make informed user-centered decisions.
You’ll work closely with our marketing and research team to analyze user testing and market research results to reveal design solutions that could improve or add value to the user experience.
From there you’ll rapidly iterate on user-centered solutions with wireframes, flow diagrams, prototypes and visual designs.
Work within a multi-discipline team to design and help implement functional and elegant gameplay and UI features from approved concepts in Unity.
Deliver and follow through — Drive and support your ideas all the way from kickoff through the successful launch of a product creating the assets necessary to test, validate and refine designs and to work with stakeholders for signoff and ensuring proper implementation.
Cashing in on the comps
- Getting to the office is a breeze with one of our two company-sponsored transportation options:
- ORCA pass, renewed annually
- $100 monthly transportation credit
- Stow your ride safely in the secured parking garage or bike locker available onsite.
- It’s a gaming company, so take a gaming break and get to know your coworkers with a little competitive fun! Square off over ping pong, foosball, or pinball in our arcade. You’ll find plenty of takers for a tabletop gaming session, too!
- Stay in tip-top shape by taking advantage of our onsite fitness center. Just head down to the first floor of our building, and you’ll have access to state of the art equipment, lockers, and showers.
- Need to relax? Get a massage or enjoy a yoga session right here in the studio! After all, who wants to work without a massage?
- Enjoy occasional afternoons off for private viewings of first-run movies and team outings to see the Mariners play.
- Hungry? Head to one of our two kitchens fully stocked with snacks and beverages.
- You’ll never want to take the day off on Wednesdays, when we even provide a gourmet breakfast.
- Want to go out to lunch sometimes, too? Our International District location is perfectly situated near a variety of excellent restaurants.
- As if all of this isn't cool enough, you'll love our benefit package.
- We offer medical, dental, vision, prescription coverage, maternity/paternity leave, and disability protection (short- and long-term).
- Every team member receives 15 days of vacation, 56 hours of sick time, 2 personal floating holidays, and 12 paid calendar holidays per year.
- Combine all of this with our amazing work/life balance and company-matched retirement options, and you have the dream job!
Looking for another reason we're the best place in Seattle to work? We're committed to our role as an Equal Opportunity Employer – we embrace a diverse mix of voices and create a positive environment where everyone belongs. We don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our communities. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. DoubleDown is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you need help completing your application, let us know! Email us at [email protected] and one of our awesome HR team members will get you everything you need. We look forward to meeting you soon!
To be considered, you must be at least 18 years of age with the ability to successfully pass a security criminal background investigation.
DoubleDown partners with E-Verify, an Internet-based system that allows businesses to determine the eligibility of their employees to work in the United States.