User Experience Research Lead at Expedia Group
Expedia Group is looking for a User Experience Researcher to play a role in our ongoing efforts to deliver the best flights customer experience on the web. Do you believe that the best products are built by teams who focus on understanding user behavior? Come fly with us! We strive to build a diverse and inclusive organization and products. As a team, we focus on a drive for results. We are looking for experienced and hardworking UX Researchers with proven methodological skills and ability to use to shape decisions in a dynamic, agile environment. We believe that observations are key, that understanding the “why” is critical. We're looking for researchers who can embrace our research philosophy and excel at delivering research insights. As a Lead UX Researcher, you will define and execute on the user research program and daily processes for multiple product areas using a variety of research methods.
What you'll do with us:
- Own strategic research efforts across several product areas
- Conduct generative research to impact your product teams through storytelling
- Collaborate with product and UX teams to outline research plans, execute research, consolidate findings, and present meaningful insights
- Plan, design, and lead research strategy that inform business, marketing, product and design decisions for multiple product areas
- Determine what to focus on, based on business objectives and knowledge gaps
- Define and consolidate quantitative and qualitative research, including surveys, lab-based usability studies, field studies, and more to provide insights on requirements definition, content strategy, wireframes, visual and interaction design
- Work closely with partners across multiple teams to clearly define and prioritize user research needs and lead efforts to execute on necessary research
- Identify and recommend the best methods to answer research questions and prioritize them according to schedule and opportunity constraints
- Actively find opportunities to improve the user experience across your products
- Be accountable for ensuring quality of user research within your areas of focus
- Consolidate research findings into a concise, meaningful story for design and product teams
- Describe and present your methods, design explorations and tradeoff rationale to peers, team partners, product partners, UX leadership & executives
- Estimate work effort and define needed what needs to be done
Who you are:
- More than 5 years professional experience, with proven success working with product teams and UX designers on software interfaces
- BS degree in Social Sciences, HCI, Cognitive Psychology or similar areas (Master’s degree a plus) or equivalent work experience
- We also seek someone with a creative streak, a love for experimentation and the desire and skills to deliver quickly.
- Deep practical experience with qualitative and quantitative research methods.
- Advanced ability to articulate and visualize both qualitative and qualitative results
- Experience working firsthand with UX design and software product teams
- Ability to plan and lead generative research to define new design concepts
- Ability to develop creative, flexible and rapid approaches to user experience problems
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.