User Researcher III at Expedia Group
Expedia Group is looking for a User Experience Researcher III to play a role in our ongoing brand differentiation efforts. Do you believe that the best products are built by teams who focus on understanding user behavior? Come fly with us! We believe in building a diverse and inclusive organization and products. As a team, we focus on a drive for results. We are looking for experienced and hardworking UX Researchers with solid methodological skills and ability to use research to impact decisions in a dynamic, agile environment. As a User Researcher III, you will define and execute on the user research program and daily processes for one product focus, using a variety of methods including: field studies, lab testing, remote testing, surveys, and more to provide insights on requirements definition, content strategy, wireframes, visual and interaction design.
What you'll do with us:
- You will collaborate with product and UX teams to outline research plans, execute research, consolidate findings, and present actionable insights
- Identify and recommend the best methods to answer research questions and prioritize them according to schedule and opportunity constraints
- Actively find opportunities to improve the user experience for at least one product area
- Be accountable for running and ensuring quality of user research within your area of focus
- Consolidate research findings into a concise, meaningful story for design and product teams
- Present your methods and rationale to peers, team partners, product partners and UX leadership
- Estimate work effort and define needed what you need to deliver
- Manage multiple projects and strike the balance between being agile and performing deep investigations
Who you are:
- More 3-5 years professional experience, with proven success working with product teams and UX designers on software interfaces
- BS degree in Social Sciences, HCI, Cognitive Psychology or similar areas (Master’s degree a plus) or equivalent work experience
- Deep practical experience with qualitative research methods
- Sophisticated ability to articulate and visualize results
- Experience working firsthand with UX design and software product teams
- Ability to plan and lead generative research to define new design concepts
- Ability to develop creative, flexible and rapid approaches to user experience problems
- Multi-task across in-house projects and studies and working with outside vendors where required to conduct research
- Strong organizational skills, able to act independently and able to switch quickly between different projects, even within a day
- A thirst for constant growth and improvement both for yourself and our products
- Familiar with Agile development methodologies
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, Vrbo®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® Cruise® and SilverRail Technologies, Inc. For more information, visit www.expediagroup.com.