UX Designer I
Are you a UX Designer passionate about participating in the design of products that will be used by millions of travelers? Do you enjoy identifying customer challenges and solving complex problems? Can you communicate your ideas to a diverse set of audience?
The Financial and Core Transactional Services (FCTS) team, part of eCommerce Platform is at the heart of Expedia’s business. We build highly scalable and resilient platform services that enable our travelers to book, manage itineraries, apply coupons, earn loyalty and transact millions of bookings every day. In this role, you will drive the visualization of the strategy and vision of the e-commerce capabilities used across Expedia Group.
Who you are:
• 2+ years professional experience as a user experience designer or UI designer.
• Bachelor's degree, preferably in design or human-computer interaction.
• Have been the lead or senior designer for at least 10 web-based productivity software releases.
• Experience working cross-functionally with engineering, design, and project management counterparts.
• Utilize standard methodologies for web- and mobile-based information architecture.
• Good communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills and ability to analytically defend your design decisions.
• Balanced foundation of visual design and UI design skills; capacity for building engaging, highly usable and intuitive designs and layouts, with a propensity towards simplification.
• Possess practical knowledge of user-centered design methodologies and usability principles
• Proficient in standard design tools including Photoshop and Illustrator, Sketch, Invision, and Axure.
• Have an online portfolio that illustrates a holistic user experience skill-set (please provide a link to your portfolio).
What you will do:
• Work closely with cross-functional teams to gather and understand business and feature requirements.
• Know target users: develop or work from user profiles & conduct task analysis, build user scenarios, help to craft and analyze user surveys and feedback.
• Develop process flows, wireframes, prototypes, high fidelity mockups, and detailed UI and visual design specifications for web and mobile.
• Present design work to the product team, engineering team, and external partners for review and feedback.
• Partner with highly technical development teams for product launch.
• Ability to handle projects in an agile, dynamic environment.
- We are excited to move to our new Seattle Campus later this year. The campus features onsite wellness and market hall with amazing food options on 40 acres of waterfront property. Check out the campus and latest news on https://lifeatexpedia.com/seattle-campus
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground, so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.