UX Researcher III
Do you believe that the best products are built by teams who focus on understanding user behavior? Do you dream of working in a dynamic, iterative environment where research insights can have an immediate impact on a product’s user experience? If so, then Expedia, the world’s largest travel company, wants to talk to you.
We are a diverse and inclusive organization. As a team, we focus on a drive for results. We are looking for experienced and talented UX Researchers with solid methodological skills and ability to use research to impact decisions in a dynamic, agile environment. You are great for this job if:
- You have excellent research skills with a record of delivering insights that influence product and design decisions
- You are motivated by a sense of accomplishment and real passion for the work
- You are known for clear written and spoken communication skills
- You have solid project management skills and are able to strike the balance between being agile and applying rigor
- You practice self-awareness and strive to be your best self while finding common ground and building rapport with your peers
We believe that observations are key, that understanding the “why” is critical. We're looking for researchers who can adopt our research philosophy and excel at delivering research insights.
What you'll do:
As a UX Researcher III, you will define and execute on the user research strategy and daily processes for one product area using a variety of methods including field studies, lab testing, remote testing, and more. You will collaborate with business partners and User Experience teams to outline research plans, execute research, consolidate findings, and present actionable insights. You will:
- Define and consolidate quantitative and qualitative research, including surveys, lab-based usability studies, field studies, and more to provide insights on requirements definition, content strategy, wireframes, visual and interaction design
- Work closely with partners across multiple product teams to clearly define and prioritize user research questions, then outline and schedule research plans
- Identify and recommend the best methods to answer UX product research questions and prioritize them according to schedule and opportunity constraints
- Actively find opportunities to improve the user experience and better serve business needs using research
- Be accountable for running and ensuring quality of user research within your area of focus
- Manage and lead vendor-base research projects and relationships
- Consolidate research findings, often from multiple sources, into a short, concise, actionable story for partners and product teams
- Describe and present your methods, design explorations and tradeoff rationale to peers, team partners, business partners and UX leadership
- Estimate work effort and define needed deliverables
Who you are:
To be a successful User Experience Researcher, it is a given that you are a detailed thinker with a strong sense of curiosity that is grounded in cognitive science. We also seek someone with a creative streak, a love for experimentation and the desire and skills to deliver quickly. You have:
- Extensive practical experience with qualitative and quantitative research methods.
- Advanced ability to articulate and visualize both qualitative and qualitative results
- Experience working firsthand with UX design and software product teams
- Ability to plan and lead generative research to define new design concepts
- Ability to develop creative, flexible and rapid approaches to user experience problems
- Multi-task across multiple projects and studies going on simultaneously and working with outside vendors where required to conduct research
- Strong organizational skills, able to act independently and able to switch quickly between different projects, even within a day
- An outgoing, persuasive personality with an ability to lead and clarify lateral thinking
- A natural curiosity that leads you to always wonder how and why people use our products the way they do
- A thirst for constant learning and improvement
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
While we recognize that there is not one path to becoming a great Sr. User Experience Researcher, we look for:
- More than 5 years professional experience, with a least 3 years experience working with product teams and UX designers on software interfaces
- BS degree in Social Sciences, HCI, Cognitive Psychology or similar areas (Masters degree a plus)
And although not required, it is an advantage if you can demonstrate:
- Experience working within agile design and development teams
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.