Application Security Engineer – Office of the CISO at ServiceNow
ServiceNow is making the world of work, work better for people. Our cloud‑based platform and solutions deliver digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity for employees and the enterprise. We're growing fast, innovating faster, and making an impact on our customers' and employees' lives in significant and important ways. With over 6,900 customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're on the 2020 list of FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies.®
We’re looking for people who are ready to jump right in and help us build on our incredible momentum, our diverse, engaged workforce, and our purpose to make the world of work, work better.
Learn more on Life at Now blog and hear from our employees about their experiences working at ServiceNow.Job Description
ServiceNow’s Office of the CISO team leverages its diverse, highly skilled security background and expertise to help enhance ServiceNow’s internal and external security program and communicate ServiceNow’s commitment towards security to the world. The team works closely with other components in ServiceNow’s Organization on security-related topics and directly interfaces with ServiceNow customers.
This critical position values integrity, quality, expertise, precision, communication, and efficiency and is looking for security professionals with developing to established security backgrounds and excellent communications.
As an Application Security Engineer on the Global Security Support Center, you’ll be responsible for investigating reported application security vulnerabilities. You will work with customers, external security researchers and developers to proof & document reported vulnerabilities. This will require web application security knowledge, analytical debugging skills and strong programming language proficiency.
What you get to do in this role:
- Perform software auditing services to discover, communicate, and recommend remediation activities for software vulnerabilities.
- Help customers pentest their environments and deal with respective regulatory requirements.
- Support Security Findings reported by customers and ensure they fully understand the finding outcomes.
- Report problems based on confirmed security findings.
To be successful in this role you have:
- US Citizenship, or Naturalized US Citizenship, or Permanent Resident of US (must have 3+ years residency in the US) (required)
- Work Location must be US Soil (required)
- Pass a US Federal Personnel Authorization Screening Standards (required)
- 1-2 years of experience of web application security auditing including code review
- Strong verbal communication skills with an emphasis on application remediation processes
- Ability to deliver technical reports and communicate technical concepts to both non-technical business users as well as technical stakeholders.
- In-depth knowledge of common web application vulnerabilities (OWASP Top Ten).
- Offensive Security OSWE and/or OSCP certification(s) a plus.
- Strong understanding of web (or mobile) application security assessment techniques
- Ability to articulate complex issues to peers, executives, and customers
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated and driven; ability to perform and excel with little supervision
- Excellent collaborator and teammate; ability to foster and feed off coworkers
- Great team player
- A passion for security
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.
Please Note: Fraudulent job postings/job scams are increasingly common. Click here to learn what to watch out for and how to protect yourself. All genuine ServiceNow job postings can be found through the ServiceNow Careers site.