About the team
The 98point6 Clinic team is focused on expanding access to healthcare by reducing the cost of delivering care while increasing the quality of care provided.
The Clinic team is working to build a platform which makes it fast, accurate, and secure for physicians to diagnose through a comprehensive patient profile and chart, and treat patients through accurate and customized care plans. In addition, the team integrates with lab and prescription partners on behalf of patients.
Your role and impact
As a Back-End Engineer at 98point6, you will be aligned with highly collaborative teams who are motivated and passionate about both our social and technical missions. You will collaborate with teams across the company, such as Product, UX Design & Research and Marketing and Clinic Operations.
You will partner with engineers across disciplines, including front end, mobile, quality, systems and data engineering, as well as data science. You will work on serverless stacks, leveraging a variety of technologies across AWS, along with traditional Java stacks.
- Collaborate with a product engineering team to create high-performance, highly-available and scalable systems
- Participate in code and design reviews, ensuring the quality of both deliverables
- Work cross functionally across multiple teams to prioritize and ensure we make positive tradeoffs in how we deliver features
- Managing a production application that patients, doctors and clinical staff rely on
- 3+ years experience designing and coding in Java, C++, C#, Ruby, Python, Node.js, or TypeScript for production commercial services that operate on the public internet
- A high level of ownership, flexibility and self-direction
- Ability to think big and help innovate in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge and prior use of AWS services and tools, including Lambda, DynamoDB and CDK
- Experience scaling systems to a high volume of customers
98point6 provides equal employment opportunities to all without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including sexual orientation or gender identity), national origin, age, disability, genetic information or other protected status.