What are we up to at Tango Card?
Almost every application and SaaS platform we use today incorporates a great reward or incentive. From meeting a step goal in your company's wellness program, to completing an online or mobile survey, to referring a friend or colleague to a new service, or rewarding someone with points or credits for repeat engagement or purchase ... rewards and incentives are a key building block in our modern economy. In fact, companies globally spend $150B on these rewards and incentives today. Tango Card is leading the charge to bring this industry into the modern, digital, and mobile era, our mission is to make rewards easy to send and awesome to receive! We have built an incredible digital and global catalog of rewards, we make these available to our customers via powerful and easy to use technology - primarily via our industry first RaaS (Rewards as a Service) API, and we provide incredible support to help make our customer's programs sing.
We work with top companies to deliver e-gift cards for use in employee reward programs, health and wellness participation, marketing incentives, customer loyalty, sales incentives, market research incentives, referral rewards, and so much more. Tango Card is a leader in this industry because of our global catalog of desirable e-gift cards, our easy-to-use reward delivery technology, and our unparalleled expert support. We’d love you to join our dynamic 80+ person team based in West Seattle and Boise, ID as our newest DevOps Engineer.
Are you passionate about all things cloud and tech innovation? Tango Card could be just the place where you make a huge impact and meaningful contributions to top-notch enterprise products.
As a DevOps Engineer at Tango Card you will:
- Collaborate with software engineers to deploy and operate our systems
- Build and maintain tools for deployment, monitoring, and operations
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues in our staging and production environments
- Work effectively both independently and as part of a team
- Provide support to the Tango Card team on a rotating 24/7 on-call schedule to minimize outages for both internal and external customers.
- Take risks, and learn from mistakes knowing that practice makes perfect
Our ideal DevOps Engineer at Tango Card will have the following skills and experience:
- Excellent automation scripting skills with Unix shell, Perl, Python, or Ruby
- Experience in Cloud computing: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Cloud, Azure
- Hungry for knowledge, and not afraid to do independent research
- Excellent understanding of distributed web applications, scalability, and networking
- Strong understanding of web-based security and best practices therein
- Experience with Puppet or Chef modules for installation and configuration management
- Experience with Docker and Microservice technology
- Understanding of Continuous Implementation / Continuous Delivery pipeline
- Experience with CI tools, Apache servers, Linux OS, and cloud architecture
- Strong experience with PostgreSQL and other databases
- Startup experience and working on projects in a great SaaS/Cloud company
- BS or equivalent experience
People that become the most successful ‘Tangocardians’ show a real fit with our values which include:
- We are transparent - we are direct, open, and honest with our communication because it helps all of us understand our business, make better decisions, and drive toward common goals.
- We simplify - we make things easier, not harder, for our customers and co-workers.
- We act like CEOs - we make the best decisions we can for Tango Card, not just what matters to us individually. We evaluate the impact our decisions will have and get things done across functional boundaries. We do what we say we will do.
- We care - we care deeply about our customers', partners', and co-workers success
- We encourage long-term value creation - we are willing to sacrifice short-term revenue for long-term value.
- We do our best work every day - we know rewards should be easy and awesome for our customers and we continually strive to deliver that experience.
What you'll get from us:
- Competitive pay and bonus structure
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits (0 Premium to the employee)
- Unlimited PTO, and a generous holiday schedule
- Hear from interesting people during our CHIPS (Chats with Interesting People Series)
- 401K matching and equity opportunities
- Dog-friendly office located in the heart of West Seattle with snacks, drinks, and flexible seating areas.
- A Culture that fosters autonomy, creativity, ownership, and innovation