Director, Enterprise Search at ServiceNow
ServiceNow is making the world of work, work better for people. Our cloud-based platform and solutions deliver digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity for employees and the enterprise. We're growing fast, innovating faster, and making an impact on our customers' and employees' lives in significant and important ways. With over 6,900 customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're on the 2020 list of FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies.®
We're looking for people who are ready to jump right in and help us build on our incredible momentum, our diverse, engaged workforce, and our purpose to make the world of work, work better.
Learn more on Life at Now blog and hear from our employees about their experiences working at ServiceNow.
We are looking for an exceptional Director to lead the Enterprise Search team. A tested leader who can help us shape the way search-based products and services are built, delivered, and managed. We at ServiceNow IT are pushing limits with our own platforms to deliver exceptional employee experience. As the Director of the Search engagement channel, you will play a critical role in leading and delivering best in class employee service delivery and experience.
The Enterprise Search Director reports to the Advanced Technology Director and will play a key role in leading the search team's technical direction and integration with enterprise solutions. The Enterprise Search Director will form effective partnerships across ServiceNow Technology.
The Enterprise Search Director collaborates with various levels of stakeholders (Sr. Leadership, each department's management, project teams, Infrastructure and Field Services leaders, and enterprise architects) on architecture, requirements, and implementation of search-based solutions. Possess a combination of systems and technology experience along with strong thought leadership make the right and balanced technical decisions that deliver key enabling features to support the business.
The Enterprise Search Director will evangelize the use of modern software development practices, with emphasis on search relevance, performance, and overall search user experience. Build and lead high performing search engineering teams to deliver and support omni channel applications and services at speed and scale. Drive innovation in both technology and process and inspires the teams to achieve outstanding results in a fast-paced environment.
- Implement and support search-based applications that exceed stakeholders' expectations - emphasis on search relevance, performance, and overall search user experience.
- Hire, coach, mentor, and lead individuals and build a strong cross-functional organization.
- Architect and build scalable search solutions.
- Build and manage software delivery, systems integration, and developer support tools.
- Work with other technical teams to ensure technical strategies, architecture guidelines, and standards are realized by efficient collaboration with architecture, product development, DevOps, and other teams.
- Plan and lead technology evaluation for various critical areas working closely with cross-functional teams.
- Manage geographically distributed engineering scrum teams using agile development and DevOps best practices.
- Bring innovative ideas to the table every day, to help us find better ways to accomplish our customer objectives. Set clear, measurable quality goals for an organization in a data-driven way.
- Foster a culture of continuous engineering improvement through mentoring, feedback, and metrics.
- Bachelor's Degree from a 4-year college or university.
- Master's Degree in related field preferred.
- 10+ years of experience in software development and high-volume enterprise systems. 8+ years of experience in managing and overseeing enterprise-level programs which require extensive collaboration across various groups in a matrix organization.
- Must also have a broad and deep technical understanding of the technologies in this field, including but not limited to:
- Experience with programming languages- Java, JEE, latest features leveraging functional programming.
- Experience with search engines like Lucene, Apache SOLR, Attivio, or Elastic Search.
- Modern System Architecture Patterns.
- Experience in designing and analyzing key search metrics.
- Strong data management principles, around data architecture, modeling/design, data quality, security, data organization, and operations.
- Partner with Analysts and Data Scientists on delivering reliable data that powers machine learning models for intent-based search.
- Ability to effectively share technical information, communicate technical issues and solutions to all levels of business.
- Able to juggle multiple projects - can identify primary and secondary objectives, prioritize time, and communicate timeline to team members.
- Ability and desire to take product/project ownership.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on the organization and Company needs.
You Will Love This Role, If:
- You have a passion for search technology and scaling a business through partnerships.
- You enjoy problem solving and being a cross-functional change agent.
- You are professionally curious and are comfortable "leading by example".
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
All new employees hired in the United States are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to such exceptions as required by law. If hired, you will be required to submit proof of full vaccination or have an approved accommodation, by your start date. Visit our Candidate FAQ page to learn more.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.
Please Note: Fraudulent job postings/job scams are increasingly common. Click here to learn what to watch out for and how to protect yourself. All genuine ServiceNow job postings can be found through the ServiceNow Careers site .
Work personas are categories that are assigned to employees depending on the nature of their work. Employees will fall into one of three categories: Remote, Flexible or Required in Office.
Required in Office
A required in office work persona is defined as an employee who is contracted to work from or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office. This persona is required to work from their assigned workplace location 100% of the work week based on the business needs of their role.
A flexible work persona is defined as an employee who is contracted to work from or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office and will work from their assigned workplace location roughly 3 days/week or less (generally around 40-60% of the work week). Flexible employees may choose to work the remaining working time from their workplace location or home. Flexible employees are required to work within their state, province, region, or country of employment.
A remote work persona is defined as an employee who performs their responsibilities exclusively outside of a ServiceNow workplace and is not contracted or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office, including those whose place of work (pursuant to their terms and conditions of employment) is their home. Remote employees are required to work within their state, province, region, or country of employment.