The Dropbox security team is responsible for securing data at a massive scale. Over half a billion users and 300,000 teams trust us to keep their private data safe. To be worthy of this trust, we have a well staffed security team of talented individuals. If you are looking to lead a strong and growing team with interesting, high-impact and varied work, this is a good choice.
In this role you will manage the Application Security team. Application Security's goal is to enable Dropbox to ship secure products. We are responsible for supporting the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) through delivering software to build secure software, defining application security standards, training engineers, and building tools that engineers need to provide value to customers through secure-by-default products.
- You will lead and grow the application security team
- The person in this role will help Dropbox’s business initiatives succeed by leading a team to help engineers deliver secure products that keep user data safe and are worthy of user trust.
- The scope of responsibilities involves supporting the software development lifecycle by building (or buying) tools, defining processes, and building primitives that eliminate classes of known security risks.
- It also involves assessing and mitigating risks on vendors that we rely on to build secure products.
- BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field involving coding (e.g., physics or mathematics), or equivalent technical experience
- 10+ years of total security experience, including 2+ years with direct management responsibility for a security team
- Demonstrated track record of driving improvements to a company’s security posture
- Willingness to dive in to problems and document, drive alignment, drive plans and assist with execution
- Strong on analytical capabilities to optimize solutions in a space with a lot of complex moving pieces, variables and constraints
- Ability to mentor team members on having the highest possible impact