Engineering Manager, Cloud Engineering at ExtraHop
ExtraHop makes data-driven IT a reality. By applying real-time analytics and advanced machine learning to all digital interactions, ExtraHop delivers instant and unbiased insights. IT leaders turn to ExtraHop first to help them make faster, better-informed decisions that improve performance, security, and digital experience.
We are looking for an engineering leader with experience building and operating mission-critical cloud-based applications to join our team. Qualified candidates will manage a world-class team tasked with solving problems of scale, security, and complexity using state-of-the-art container technologies and cutting-edge micro-services architecture.
You will employ your experience building and operating large-scale cloud-centric applications to meet key product roadmap and service availability goals. Your execution plan will need to address scalability, end-to-end security, continuous delivery, automation, logging / monitoring, and incident response. You will collaborate with a matrixed cross-functional team across Product Development, IT, Product Management, Legal, and Finance. You will oversee the activities of the engineering team to remove any roadblocks and ensure accomplishment of company goals. You will do so by hiring and mentoring managers and key engineers skilled at their craft.
- 5+ years solid track record of building, motivating, and managing highly effective operations and software development teams that value teamwork, innovation, and dedication to quality
- Hands-on experience operating scalable, secure, and high-performance architectures that utilize Docker/Kubernetes technologies and public cloud services
- Experience operating critical systems with strict SLAs around availability
- Deep understanding of agile software development methodology, developer-driven testing, continuous integration, and highly automated test environments
- Prior experience with SAAS information security, PII safeguarding, data retention compliance, regulatory compliance, incident management, problem management, and change management practices
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Understanding of Hadoop and big data pipeline and technologies a plus
At ExtraHop, we create great products because we give talented employees the freedom to be intellectually curious and creative. We seek a diversity of perspectives and foster employee quirkiness and spunk to help drive innovation. Every ExtraHop employee knows that we’re all in this together and that work is an important part of life so it should be fun. A sense of humor is required here, seriously!
We are the global leader with a novel approach to Security and IT Operational Analytics. Our market opportunity is greater than $20B and our solutions span all industries. Pretty neat, huh? If you want to join a fun team that produces award-winning products that provide tremendous business value and delight customers, then ExtraHop is the company for you!
Founded by engineers, ExtraHop is a Seattle-based technology company that delivers elegant solutions for the tech industry’s most challenging problems.
As a privately held fast-growing technology leader in the $20B IT operations management space, ExtraHop Networks is positioned to be the next great systems company. We are known as innovators who take a smart, creative approach to solving problems. Our ExtraHop team and product line have received many awards, including wins in multiple categories of Best of Interop, a Gold Medal prize in Puget Sound Business Journal’s annual list of Washington’s Best Workplaces, and several Gold Stevie American Business Awards.
ExtraHop is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, military status, or national origin or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable local law