Engineering Manager (Front End)
We are the Agent and Customer Experience (ACE) arm of Expedia's Global Customer Operations (GCO). We are responsible for building intuitive, highly scalable customer service experiences, to seamlessly connect our customers with intelligent virtual agents.
Are you passionate about travel, technology, and providing customers with the very best experience? Do you love building creative solutions to tough problems, using state of the art technologies? If so, this opportunity is a great fit for you.
As an Engineering Manager, you will play a key role in shaping and executing on an ambitious vision for the future of customer service and support. You will collaborate with a hard-working group of product managers, architects, and engineers to deliver the best possible experience for agents and customers. You will provide technical leadership for a global, dynamic, and growing engineering organization with opportunities to still go deep as we build our next generation virtual agent chatbot platform.
What you’ll do / roles & responsibilities:
- You will be responsible for coaching and mentoring an incredible, hardworking team around their goals, delivery, and career development.
- You will foster a healthy and collaborative culture across teams.
- You will build a team of high performing software engineers utilizing your experience recruiting, screening, and interviewing.
- You will ensure your team delivers high-quality solutions on time, with technical integrity and stability, and continuously innovates to improve engineering efficiency.
- You will drive the evolution of design patterns with industry standards and new technologies, to improve productivity, quality, and system performance.
- You will participate in and lead design and architecture reviews, handle production incidents, and perform code reviews.
- You will work closely across multiple disciplines, including development, program management, test, operations, user experience, and product management, to define and build our roadmap.
Who you are:
- Minimum of 3 years experience leading development teams, combined with a minimum of 8 years of hands-on experience in software engineering with global development teams.
- MS/BS degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline, or equivalent professional experience.
- Proven ability to grow, develop, mentor, and motivate agile teams, while collaborating with partner and engineering teams.
- Experience delivering production-quality distributed applications in a professional software engineering role.
- Ability to comfortably work in a fast-paced, multi-matrix environment, requiring strong oral and written communication skills across, up, and down a global organization.
- Excellent time management, resource management and planning skills, with a demonstrated ability to estimate, schedule, manage, and track multiple concurrent projects. Ability to actively identify upcoming risks, issues, and bottlenecks and resolve issues that sometimes cross departmental boundaries.
Why join us?
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground, so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.