Engineering Manager - Partner Rates, Inventory, and Promotions at Expedia Group
Do you find yourself always learning about the latest technologies and techniques to continuously improve your products? Are you passionate about customer experience? Does leading a team of engineers from the front, coaching them in their career development, and creating an optimal team environment get you excited? The Travel Partner Group Technology team is seeking a creative, intellectually curious, technical leader to join our Rates, Inventory, and Promotions Engineering team. We support our supply partners with experiences and insights that enable them to be successful in the Expedia marketplace. Our team’s applications gather core data needed to market a partners' property to customers and make them competitive. Our pages are the most visited in the partner experience. We believe in lean development, making iterative improvements and getting customer feedback early and often. We are curious and continuous learners, communicating our ideas and perspectives.
We are looking for a technical leader who will lead the growth and development of 5-10 developers. We are ready to take our applications to the next level through simplification and incorporating data loops to provide insights and actions to our partners. You will be involved in the technical leadership and coaching of your team. You should enjoy mentoring developers, leading technical teams, and thrive in a dynamic and agile environment.
Who you are:
- 7+ years professional experience in software development and 2+ years in technical leadership.
- Humble leader who knows that the most important part of your job is your team's success.
- A quick learner who is always seeking new ways to improve and optimize their technical solutions.
- Ability to dig into data, gain insights, and creatively turn them into impactful ideas.
- Experience with React, Java, REST, GraphQL, Spring frameworks, Node.js, and AWS technologies.
- An active leader who enjoys having fun with their team.
What you'll do:
- Collaborate with other specialists to make sound architectural decisions, improve code quality and be better each day.
- Meet with team members on a weekly basis and engage in 360 feedback.
- Ensure team allocation optimizes for product delivery quality and individual developer growth.
- Partner with your product, UX, project management, and engineering peers to identify, prioritize, and deliver innovative product features.
- Use your creativity, first class engineering skills, and technical knowledge to deliver features and improvements in an agile fashion.
- Identify and embrace new technologies, agile frameworks and CI/CD methodologies.
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground, so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a desire to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, VRBO®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.