Engineering Manager, Visibility at Flexport
Flexport is building the first modern logistics platform to make global trade easier for everyone. We are solving complex problems on a global scale and disrupting a multi-trillion dollar industry that has remained stubbornly unchanged.
The Visibility team’s mission is to automate shipment tracking for Freight Forwarders. Our customers expect fast, accurate, and automated details for their shipments as they transit from origin to destination. The Visibility team focuses on building tools to develop a deep level of shipment tracking by integrating with a wide variety of data sources.
We're looking for a Software Engineering Manager to develop products that are at the forefront of reshaping the entire logistics & supply chain industries. You’ll work alongside self-starters interested in solving real-world problems and streamlining the inefficiencies in the complex global trade industry. You’ll have the opportunity to reshape an industry by creating the new operating system for global trade.You will
- Lead, mentor and coach a group of talented engineers, and help them to progress in their careers.
- Empower the engineering team to achieve a high level of technical productivity, reliability, and simplicity
- Create the engineering roadmap, and own the technical landscape for the systems driving Visibility at Flexport.
- Work closely with our business partners and product managers to distill complex business problems into robust technical solutions.
- Recruit new engineers to continue to expand our teams
- At least 3 years of experience managing a team of 5+ software engineers
- Ability to set technical vision for larger projects and deliver on metric-based goals in a timely manner
- Ability to work well with others and collaborate across teams
- Have experience hiring and building diverse and inclusive teams
- Strong analytical problem-solving skills
Check out our Key Values profile.About Flexport:
We believe trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easy for everyone. Flexport is building the platform for global logistics, empowering buyers, sellers and their logistics partners with the technology and services to grow and innovate. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $10B of merchandise across 112 countries every year.Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
Don’t be! Our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. That’s why it’s important to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the global logistics industry forward.
We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.