Reporting to the VP & Chief Architect, the Enterprise Architect is responsible for the creation and management of technology architecture, models and standards. In this role you will ensure that the business process and technology perspectives are in line with the governance strategies, policies and standards. You will use your influence to steer projects and technology teams from architectural standpoint towards the common goals and standards of the organization, adjusting when necessary to meet business objectives.
The Enterprise Architect will be required to interpret and apply Enterprise Architecture standards to inform a broad range of business improvement activities, including those relating to the design, development and maintenance of EagleView's platform and applications. The incumbent will maintain the architecture in an organized manner and ensure security and quality are considered as important as content to drive our technical roadmap for long-term growth in business capability and capacity.
- Design, development and maintenance of the key Enterprise Architecture deliverables for core domain concepts and API's across the EagleView's technology stack.
- Understand technology product and business strategies and use the information to create the Enterprise Architecture roadmap.
- Work across leaders to create architectural design and define platform components to enable it.
- Engage stakeholders on discovery of third-party solutions and ability to integrate in our stack.
- Optimize the application architecture landscape through continuous review of current capabilities and overlapping products.
- Manage and prioritize multiple concurrent and competing challenges, issues, ambiguities, and contradictions. Demonstrated ability to influence senior leadership (including Vice Presidents, the Chief Architect and CTO) and be respected as a leader in advancing strategies across all of Engineering.
- Serve as a trusted advisor to all levels of business and technology organizations on business and information integration strategies at architectural level.
- Embed with delivery teams to aid in design and write code as a means to spread best practices.
- Demonstrate architectural leadership in the resolution of inter-program and inter-project issues and provide development leadership and mentoring, introducing new technologies and techniques to the teams.
- Translate business and technology needs into solution architecture requirements and apply multiple technical solutions to business problems and ability to quickly comprehend the functions and capabilities of new technologies.
- Act as design authority and provide an assurance role, ensuring that all architecture activities and deliverables (in-house and external outsourced) are produced to a high quality and are consistent with existing standards, policies and strategies.
- Review project and system documentation for standards compliance.
- Host development forums to share knowledge and educate the team.
- 9-12 years of software engineering experience with a minimum of 4+ years in a senior role overseeing large enterprise level architecture and decision making.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal, and collaborative skills.
- Ability to effectively and clearly communicate software engineering concepts to technical and nontechnical audiences.
- Experience in developing and implementing enterprise architecture plans, Enterprise Information Architecture standards and guidelines, software development methodologies and strategic plans.
- Integration experience with partner solutions and acquired technologies.
- Exposure to multiple, diverse technologies and processing environments with knowledge of all components of an enterprise technical architecture.
- Knowledge of business process reengineering principles and processes.
- Ability to estimate the financial impact of solution architecture alternatives.
- Strong understanding of application architecture and application development methodologies.
- Strong understanding of Services based architecture, object-oriented analysis and design, and/or client/server systems.
- Ability to understand the long-term ("big picture") and short-term perspectives of situations.
- Poise and ability to act calmly and competently in high-pressure, high-stress situations.
- A strong solution orientation with a penchant for not only identifying problems but also finding ways of solving them within typical business constraints.
- Ability to professionally handle confidential matters and show an appropriate level of judgment and maturity.
- High degree of initiative and ability to work with little supervision.
- Bachelor's degree in related fields
EagleView® offers competitive pay and robust benefit plans along with the opportunity to grow your career in a fast-paced, fun and casual environment.
EagleView and its subsidiaries are committed to leveraging the talent of a diverse workforce to create great opportunities for our business and our people. EOE/AA. Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran.