Enterprise Escalations Engineer at ExtraHop
Big Data, the cloud, elastic computing, SaaS, AWS, BYOD, HPC, SDN—we do it all. The solutions we build at ExtraHop are transforming the IT industry. From retail websites and point-of-sale systems to financial services and the healthcare industry, ExtraHop helps modern businesses handle the growing demands on their applications and infrastructures.
We’re growing fast and we’re looking for people who love to build things: products, companies, markets, and their careers! Think you have what it takes to work on one of the best teams in the industry? Read on.
We are looking for an Enterprise Escalations Engineer who can be flexible and customer focused. Real opportunities exist for career advancement within ExtraHop.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Work closely with support engineers to identify and resolve complex customer issues in an expedited manner through guidance and training throughout the duration of an issue.
- Develop processes to accelerate resolution of similar technical issues.
- Partner with Sustaining Engineering and Development to provide appropriate code change request and enhancements to address customer issues appropriately.
- Work on critical severity/Priority cases as directly with customers as required via phone and remote session
- Provide professional, concise communication with customers.
- Analyze system data, fix customer deployments, and apply patches to active code.
- Collaborate with support engineers, management, and customer advocates throughout the solution workflow.
- Have flexibility to change focus as incidents and priority dictate, as well as, the follow through needed to solve back-burnered issues.
- Collaborate with the support team to suggest training and content to continually stay ahead of technology
- Recommend tools, product enhancements, and features as collected from the customer support experience that require attention
- Research, analyze, and resolve customer issues and questions by leveraging internal teams.
- Focus on being process oriented while maintaining flexibility around client and business needs.
- Assess and prioritize projects and work based on the needs of multiple clients
- Identify areas where clients can improve their use of ExtraHop products in their environment
- Use and test lab facilities and tools to generate different client types, server loads, or traffic patterns to simulate customer environments and associated issues.
- Work with technical teams and executives of all levels.
Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in computer science, engineering, or information technology.
- Experience with supporting or deploying large-scale enterprise appliances and applications.
- Excellent customer service, organizational, and documentation skills
- Excellent communication skills with internal and external customers.
- Experience with product support life cycles and handling of customer product concerns.
- Layer 7 experience such as browsers, NFS, SNMP, Telnet, HTTP, FTP, LDAP
- Layer 2 experience such asSpans, frame Relay, Ethernet, Trunks, VLANs, MAC
- Self-motivated, curious, and technical individual that is passionate about product quality, customer success, and new technologies.
Desired Skills & Experience
- 1-3 years experience administering ExtraHop Networks environments or similar technologies
- 3 years professional software experience in a Unix-based environment.
- Understanding of TCP/IP networking.
- Familiar with containers or docker technologies.
- Experience using and managing virtual infrastructure for VMware, Hyper-V, Xen, and KVM.
- Solid understanding of the OSI model and excellent working knowledge of the key protocols from Layer 2 (data link) through Layer 7 (application)
- Knowledge of building or managing scalable and high-performance user land systems.
ExtraHop is an enterprise cyber analytics and performance monitoring company helping the world’s leading organizations understand and secure their entire environment from core to edge to cloud. Our breakthrough approach to analytics and machine learning helps our customers investigate threats, ensure the delivery of critical applications, and secure their investment in the cloud, resulting in 95% faster threat detection and reducing unplanned downtime by 86% while providing the best possible customer experience.
ExtraHop is recognized by leading organizations for both its innovation in the market and its commitment to building a world-class team. We’ve been named to Wealthfront’s Career-Launching Companies list for the last four years, and JMP Securities put ExtraHop on its 2018 Super 70 List as one of the most strategically positioned private companies in the cybersecurity industry. Credit Suisse recognized ExtraHop as a member of its inaugural Disruptive Technology Recognition Program, and SC Media named ExtraHop a 2019 Industry Innovator for enterprise network traffic analysis.
With well over $100 million in bookings in 2018, and 10x growth in security, the opportunity with ExtraHop has never been greater. Are you ready to rise above the noise?
ExtraHop is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, military status, or national origin or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable local law. #LI-JC1