We are one of the main reasons it’s possible to text with a business today. Zipwhip was the first company to enable texting on existing business phone numbers, and we are now the world’s leading business-texting software and API provider. More than 35,000 companies use us to increase customer engagement and drive growth through texting on their existing landline, VoIP or toll-free phone number. Intuitive cloud-based software, an enterprise-grade API and direct network connectivity mean businesses can use any computer or mobile device to securely and reliably reach their customers, every time.
Our strong venture backing allows us to aggressively invest in our product, technology and team; we’ve received nearly $100 million in funding from the likes of Goldman Sachs, M12 (Microsoft Ventures) and OpenView. We are consistently ranked one of Washington’s fastest-growing workplaces, and were voted the 6th best place to work in the state by Seattle Business magazine and The Puget Sound Business Journal in 2019.
Every day we work to uphold our core DIRECT values: Determination, Innovation, Respect, Enthusiasm, Collaboration and Trust. We know that we’ll build better products if we have a diverse and inspired team that’s encouraged to make mistakes and experiment.
If you want to be part of a team where you’re supported and empowered to change the way the world communicates, then we’d love to hear from you.
How this role makes an impact:
The Enterprise Sales Engineer, plays a significant role on the sales team and is responsible for the pre-sales technical solution design with our Fortune 1000 clients. The Sales Engineer will need to be an expert in SaaS and API based solution designs. This includes creating tailored software demos, presenting technical recommendations to move the sale forward, facilitating in-depth solution design workshops, creating solution documentation, and ultimately remove all technical objections in the sales cycle.
You will also establish trusted internal relationships with Engineering, Product Development, and Product Marketing. You will champion customer feedback for product feature improvements. You will report directly to the VP of Enterprise and your efforts will make a significant impact in continuing to build a successful enterprise business segment.
What you’ll be working on:
- Actively partner with the Enterprise sales team throughout the sales process to assist in developing opportunity pursuit strategies, technical competitive analysis, presentation collaboration, tailored demonstrations, and supporting sales calls.
- Facilitate solution design sessions via whiteboarding and or webinars.
- Lead technical pre-sales relationships with customer.
- Utilize strong business insight to understand value and impact of Zipwhip solution.
- Establish technical credibility with internal and external partners.
- Regularly engage and represent enterprise customer requirements internally to provide feedback and find opportunities to further improve the Zipwhip enterprise offering, processes and customer experience by partnering with our Product and Engineering teams.
- Lead technical responses to RFPs and RFIs.
The skills you’ll need:
- 5 years in a technical pre-sales, customer facing role calling on Fortune 1000 clients selling SaaS and or API solutions.
- You have strong listening skills and are persuasive in presenting ideas to client audiences from Enterprise Architects to the Chief Information Officers.
- Proven experience and expertise integrating SaaS solutions in API centric architectures within Fortune 1000 environments.
- Analyze, design and negotiate long-term technology roadmap features (internally and externally).
- Broad knowledge of technology trends and relevance to client's businesses.
- B.S. in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology, or equivalent technical work experience.
- Ranked the #6 best workplace in Washington in 2019 from Seattle Business magazine and The Puget Sound Business Journal
- Consistently ranked one of Washington’s fastest-growing companies by Deloitte
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Full benefits package including parental leave, 401k, flexible remote work, generous PTO
- Health benefits including paid maternity and paternity leave, medical, vision, disability and life insurance
- Free on-site weekly yoga and meditation classes hosted by ZUM fitness, and discounted memberships to Soul Fitness and CorePower Yoga
- A brand new office on Elliott Bay with easy beachfront park access
- Stipend for transportation and cell phone usage
- A culture of transparency and open communication, including a catered weekly lunch meeting hosted by our CEO
- Values-based leadership and a commitment to building diversity and inclusion
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity of all kinds. We prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally recognized basis. This includes, but isn’t limited to, race, color, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, creed, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital status, age, veteran status, disability or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
We are an E-verify participating employer.