Hardware Standards Engineer at ServiceNow
ServiceNow, The Enterprise IT Cloud Company, is the industry-leading cloud platform provider for building enterprise applications. We are redefining markets and changing the perception of enterprise software. Our cloud platform allows enterprise IT to bring together business strategy, application design and operations in a powerfully simple solution.
To sustain our explosive growth, we are looking for drivers—people who thrive on responsibility and live for the next big challenge. We seek to employ the brightest and most forward-thinking talent on the planet; we're looking for professionals who aren't content with the status quo. People who are more interested in how things could become. Accelerate your career and succeed in an environment where you can make an impact daily. We invite you to join in to stand out.
As a Hardware Standards Engineer you will be a member of the team that is responsible for global hardware design, standards and architecture.
In this role you will:
- Develop server, storage, and full-rack hardware standards that govern deployments to ServiceNow datacenters worldwide.
- Work directly with hardware manufacturers to evaluate new technologies and products for use in our global infrastructure.
- Build and maintain operational configurations to ensure consistent deployments over time.
- Collaborate with various other engineering teams to plan hardware rollouts and address tactical issues.
- Assist team members with troubleshooting and problem remediation as necessary.
- 5+ years of datacenter technician and/or technical program manager experience required.
- Experience required in at least two of the following areas: enterprise server solutions, enterprise storage solutions, rack-level power design/management, complex network cabling design.
- Critical attention to detail is a must.
- Demonstrated ability to drive complex problems to resolution.
- Some travel required for first article inspections, trade shows, etc.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in Computer Information Systems (CIS), Management Information Systems (MIS), or Computer Science (CS) or related field.
- Excellent communication and customer skills, problem solving, conflict management, listening, time management and interpersonal skills required. Must be able to communicate at a level appropriate to the audience.
- Experience using the ServiceNow platform preferred but not required.
We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits and a relaxed but professional atmosphere. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented engineers in the business.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at [email protected] for assistance.