Hardware Test Lead at ServiceNow
ServiceNow is making the world of work, work better for people. Our cloud-based platform and solutions deliver digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity for employees and the enterprise. We're growing fast, innovating faster, and making an impact on our customers' and employees' lives in significant and important ways. With over 6,900 customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're on the 2020 list of FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies.®
We're looking for people who are ready to jump right in and help us build on our incredible momentum, our diverse, engaged workforce, and our purpose to make the world of work, work better.
Learn more on Life at Now blog and hear from our employees about their experiences working at ServiceNow.
The Hardware Engineering Team works with some of the most innovative and advanced technologies in the business. The Hardware Engineering Team is a very collaborative and inclusive team where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers. We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits and a professional, open yet relaxed work atmosphere.
As the Lead Hardware Test Engineer you will be leading the team that is responsible for global hardware architecture, design, and standards. Our challenges are complex and unique; this team designs and builds the hardware that powers all of our services. In this role you will:
What you get to do in this role:
- Lead a focused team operating out of our test lab in our Kirkland office.
- Strive for efficiency and efficacy in test design, data gathering, data analysis and reporting. Ensuring the team is always delivering complete and trustworthy results before moving on to the next project.
- Assist in test scheduling and adjustments as necessary when new projects warrant prioritization.
- Drive ongoing testing of new kernel, firmware and BIOS releases, assessing and communicating the hardware performance implications of rolling them out at scale.
- Directly work with the hardware Architects who determine which bleeding-edge technology to test next, often prior to general availability.
- Work closely with development teams to understand impacts of new software platform enhancements on the new hardware stack.
- Continuously improve the breadth and depth of test programs, incorporating any new tools or technologies that are suitable to task.
To be successful in this role you have:
- 7+ years profiling and evaluating any combination of Linux server performance, database performance, and storage performance.
- 2+ years leading a team in an engineering organization or in a senior engineering role.
- Experience with one or more programming language (e.g. Python, Go, etc).
- Experience with industry standard benchmarking methods and tools required.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully lead complex projects.
- Excellent communication skills, conflict management, and interpersonal skills required. Must be able to communicate at a level appropriate to the audience.
- Experience with high availability storage solutions (SAN, FC, iSCSI) and virtualization architectures.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
All new employees hired in the United States are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to such exceptions as required by law. If hired, you will be required to submit proof of full vaccination or have an approved accommodation, by your start date. Visit our Candidate FAQ page to learn more.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.
Please Note: Fraudulent job postings/job scams are increasingly common. Click here to learn what to watch out for and how to protect yourself. All genuine ServiceNow job postings can be found through the ServiceNow Careers site .
Work personas are categories that are assigned to employees depending on the nature of their work. Employees will fall into one of three categories: Remote, Flexible or Required in Office.
Required in Office
A required in office work persona is defined as an employee who is contracted to work from or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office. This persona is required to work from their assigned workplace location 100% of the work week based on the business needs of their role.
A flexible work persona is defined as an employee who is contracted to work from or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office and will work from their assigned workplace location roughly 3 days/week or less (generally around 40-60% of the work week). Flexible employees may choose to work the remaining working time from their workplace location or home. Flexible employees are required to work within their state, province, region, or country of employment.
A remote work persona is defined as an employee who performs their responsibilities exclusively outside of a ServiceNow workplace and is not contracted or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office, including those whose place of work (pursuant to their terms and conditions of employment) is their home. Remote employees are required to work within their state, province, region, or country of employment.