IT Operations Engineer at Zipwhip
We are one of the main reasons it’s possible to text with a business today. Zipwhip was the first company to enable texting on existing business phone numbers, and we are now the world’s leading business-texting software and API provider. More than 35,000 companies use us to increase customer engagement and drive growth through texting on their existing landline, VoIP or toll-free phone number. Intuitive cloud-based software, an enterprise-grade API and direct network connectivity mean businesses can use any computer or mobile device to securely and reliably reach their customers, every time.
Our strong venture backing allows us to aggressively invest in our product, technology and team; we’ve received nearly $100 million in funding from the likes of Goldman Sachs, M12 (Microsoft Ventures) and OpenView. We are consistently ranked one of Washington’s fastest-growing workplaces, and were voted the 6th best place to work in the state by Seattle Business magazine and The Puget Sound Business Journal in 2019.
Every day we work to uphold our core DIRECT values: Determination, Innovation, Respect, Enthusiasm, Collaboration and Trust. We know that we’ll build better products if we have a diverse and inspired team that’s encouraged to make mistakes and experiment.
If you want to be part of a team where you’re supported and empowered to change the way the world communicates, then we’d love to hear from you.
How this role makes an impact:
We're looking for an Operations Engineer with proven experience running enterprise infrastructure and is passionate about improving the reliability and security of our corporate technology environment. The engineer's main responsibility will be supporting and growing Zipwhip's systems and hybrid infrastructure to help the company deliver applications to customers quickly and reliably.
This role will have the opportunity to leverage proven skills and experience to enhance our server infrastructure and plan/execute solutions in a multi-cloud environment. The ideal candidate for this role would be a seasoned IT engineer that is a highly reliable team player, can participate in the vetting, development, testing, and roll-out of internal tools and scripts, and has a keen eye for automating repeatable tasks, as work as an escalation point supporting tier I and II helpdesk.
What you'll be working on:
- Install, configure, and maintain applications and services in a hybrid cloud environment
- Maintain infrastructure supporting custom, in-house applications
- Maintain and optimize system monitoring for physical, virtual, and cloud infrastructure
- Identify, enhance, and resolve performance issues associated with enterprise infrastructure
- Collaborate with other teams and departments to troubleshoot and resolve any application issues
The skills you'll need:
- 4+ years working in a fast-paced organization with strong demands on IT infrastructure
- Systems Monitoring Tools: Nagios, Graphite, Logstash, Zabbix
- Virtualization: VMWare, HyperV
- Windows Administration: Windows Server, AD, DNS, DHCP
- MacOS Administration
- Scripting: Python, Bash, or PowerShell
- Thrive in a dynamic, fast paced, and collaborative environment
- Highly competitive, achievement oriented, and motivated to exceed goals
- Positive and high energy individuals
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, IT or equivalent preferred
- Terraform or enterprise tools
- Network infrastructure fundamentals: switching, routing, and firewall configurations
- SAN/NAS storage experience
- HIPAA, SOC II, PCI or other compliance frameworks
- Configuration Management: Puppet, Chef, Ansible
- Linux Administration: Ubuntu, CentOS
- Microsoft Azure or AWS
- Network and security equipment and software from Aruba, Juniper and Palo Alto Networks
- Ranked the #6 best workplace in Washington in 2019 from Seattle Business magazine and The Puget Sound Business Journal
- Consistently ranked one of Washington’s fastest-growing companies by Deloitte
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Full benefits package including parental leave, 401k, flexible remote work, generous PTO
- Health benefits including paid maternity and paternity leave, medical, vision, disability and life insurance
- Free on-site (remote for now) weekly yoga and meditation classes hosted by ZUM fitness, and discounted memberships to Soul Fitness and CorePower Yoga
- A brand new office on Elliott Bay with easy beachfront park access which we look forward to returning to post COVID-19 though we maintain a Remote Work Policy.
- Stipend for transportation and cell phone usage
- A culture of transparency and open communication, including a weekly Company update meeting (catered weekly lunch when onsite working) hosted by our CEO
- Values-based leadership and a commitment to building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive Company
Regular and predictable attendance is an essential function of the job.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity of all kinds. We prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally recognized basis. This includes, but isn’t limited to, race, color, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, creed, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital status, age, veteran status, disability or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
We are an E-verify participating employer.