Manager, Developer Content at Auth0
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:04 a.m. (PST) on Friday, May 28, 2021
Awesome tech is made by awesome people. And we’re always looking for new team members who bring the energy, passion, commitment, and collaboration that has made Auth0 the great company it is today.
So what do we exactly build? Auth0 is an authentication and authorization platform designed by developers, for developers. Basically, we make companies’ login boxes safe, secure, and seamless for anyone logging in. Our mission is to secure the world’s identities so innovators can innovate. But it’s a big mission that requires a lot of teamwork.
Words, code, or people, whatever your skill, there’s a place for you here.
We’re looking for an experienced Manager, Developer Content with a strong developer background to lead a globally distributed team of Developer Advocates and Content Engineers, establish and carry forward a cohesive content strategy, grow developer traffic to our developer properties, and collaborate cross-functionally across many teams, including Brand, Product Marketing, Global Events, Product Management, Developer Experience Engineering, Corporate Communications, Community, and more.
The team is internationally distributed around the world and this role would be responsible for global developer content strategy across all regions. This would include a strategy around localizing content and applications for emerging developer markets. This role can be based in our Bellevue, WA office or from a remote home office anywhere in North America.
What You Will Do:
- Lead, manage, and coach a distributed team of Developer Advocates and Content Engineers around the world.
- Create and execute a comprehensive developer content strategy.
- Write, record, build and ship content that serves developers online.
- Oversee the growing Apollo program, a guest author program.
- Work with Developer Experience Engineering to help improve open source libraries and SDKs, incorporate community feedback, and create new developer resources.
- Work with Product Marketing, Product Management, and Product Engineering to provide product expertise and guidance to the developer community.
- Collaborate on developer campaigns with Marketing teams such as Brand, Global Events, Field Marketing, Corporate Communications, Social Media, and more.
- Collaborate with Growth Marketing and Self-service team to improve the self-service developer flow.
- Establish metrics and Key Performance Indicators around the impact of the Developer Content team.
What You Will Bring:
- Eight plus years of combined experience in software development, creative and technical content development and leading teams.
- At least one year of experience managing globally distributed, highly autonomous, remote teams.
- Proven experience with professional writing with a clear point of view.
- Capable of performing as a compelling storyteller who can engage and educate the developer community.
- Proven ability to influence and work cross-functionally.
- Ability to travel regularly (up to 30% of the time when it’s safe to do so).
- Experience in identity; authentication, authorization, access management, open standards preferred.
- Maybe you have experience building online communities or managing community advocacy programs preferred.
- #US; #CA
Auth0 makes the internet safer by safeguarding billions of login transactions each month.
Our team is spread across more than 35 countries and we are proud to continually be recognized as a great place to work. Culture is critical to us, and we are transparent about our vision and principles. We practice N+1>N which applies to everything from our people to how we iterate our tech; we believe in one team, one score; and we give a shit about everything we do.
Research shows that candidates from underrepresented backgrounds often don’t apply unless they meet all the job criteria. We aren’t looking for someone who ticks every single box on a page; we’re looking for lifelong learners and people who can make us better with their unique experiences. If you think you’d be a great fit, then please get in touch to tell us about yourself.
Auth0, recently acquired by Okta, is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Auth0 conducts all employment-related activities without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, citizenship status, genetics, or status as a Vietnam-era special disabled and other covered veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Auth0 participates in E-Verify and will confirm work authorization for candidates residing in the United States.