Manager, Software Engineering - Cloud Automation at ServiceNow
ServiceNow is making the world of work, work better for people. Our cloud-based platform and solutions deliver digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity for employees and the enterprise. We're growing fast, innovating faster, and making an impact on our customers' and employees' lives in significant and important ways. With over 6,900 customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're on the 2020 list of FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies.®
We're looking for people who are ready to jump right in and help us build on our incredible momentum, our diverse, engaged workforce, and our purpose to make the world of work, work better.
Learn more on Life at Now blog and hear from our employees about their experiences working at ServiceNow.
The Cloud Apps Development team focuses on business applications and customizations on the ServiceNow Platform. We develop innovative SaaS solutions for all our internal users like Operations, Global Technical Support and for our Customers to provide value-added services. The team works on multiple complex projects simultaneously using Agile methodologies. We make use of ServiceNow Platform, Cloud Infrastructure, Machine Learning capabilities and other technologies to develop impactful solutions for complex business problems.
What you get to do in this role:
- Lead engineering team of 10+ engineers and to work on various projects in a fast-paced environment with a focus on Innovation.
- Interact with product owners for new features and platform upgrades.
- Own the overall systems development life cycle for product implementation as well as custom-built web applications on the ServiceNow platform.
- Management and execution against project plans and delivery commitments.
- Contribute and participate in reviews for architecture, design and code. Hands-on experience in few technical implementations.
- Drive framework building initiatives and tools optimization with consumer teams in the organization. Ability to understand and drive complex process streamlining.
- Manage the day-to-day activities of the development teams within an Agile/Scrum environment.
- Work closely with various groups to understand business requirements as well as architecture/design.
To be successful in this role you have:
- Experience is delivering SaaS applications with cloud technologies
- Significant experience in a technical leadership role, ideally managing 10+ team of engineers spread across geographies.
- Exceptional people management skills with the ability to mentor and develop.
- Ability to go deep in technology hands-on and go wide in the business application as per need.
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills.
- 5+ years of hands-on technical management of teams delivering enterprise software with a global setup.
- Experience with Cloud Dev. Machine Learning, Platforms, Web Dev, Frameworks, and service-oriented architecture.
- Ability to solve complex, technical problems, partnering with a wide range of audiences.
- Ability to design systems that are performant, secure, stable, and scalable.
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- A strong track record of project delivery for large, cross-functional, projects.
- Knowledge of the ServiceNow platform is a big plus. Able to hire top talent and build a productive team.
- Managing CI/CD activities and participate in process optimization, code quality measures as core DNA.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences.
- Aptitude for understanding new technologies quickly with an ability to build top talent in building winning team.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
All new employees hired in the United States are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to such exceptions as required by law. If hired, you will be required to submit proof of full vaccination or have an approved accommodation, by your start date. Visit our Candidate FAQ page to learn more.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.
Please Note: Fraudulent job postings/job scams are increasingly common. Click here to learn what to watch out for and how to protect yourself. All genuine ServiceNow job postings can be found through the ServiceNow Careers site .
Work personas are categories that are assigned to employees depending on the nature of their work. Employees will fall into one of three categories: Remote, Flexible or Required in Office.
Required in Office
A required in office work persona is defined as an employee who is contracted to work from or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office. This persona is required to work from their assigned workplace location 100% of the work week based on the business needs of their role.
A flexible work persona is defined as an employee who is contracted to work from or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office and will work from their assigned workplace location roughly 3 days/week or less (generally around 40-60% of the work week). Flexible employees may choose to work the remaining working time from their workplace location or home. Flexible employees are required to work within their state, province, region, or country of employment.
A remote work persona is defined as an employee who performs their responsibilities exclusively outside of a ServiceNow workplace and is not contracted or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office, including those whose place of work (pursuant to their terms and conditions of employment) is their home. Remote employees are required to work within their state, province, region, or country of employment.