Are you excited by the opportunity to pioneer the future of travel? Do you want to redefine mobile travel experiences? Do you want to fuel industry change and jump start your career in Software Development? Expedia Group paves the way for early career talent to go far, fast with accelerated career advancement, unparalleled access to leadership and a culture of exceptional acceptance.
Travel is so much more than simply reaching your destination. Along the journey, you'll use your technical skills in our agile environment to develop next-generation technologies through our web applications and e-commerce sites. You will be empowered to make an immediate impact by creating high-volume, scalable solutions and work with teams to iterate on features quickly and efficiently. From the back-end supply and database functions, to new user interfaces for more than 140 branded travel sites, there is no shortage of opportunity for technical innovation at Expedia Group – the sky’s the limit.
Applications to this opportunity are considered for our Seattle HQ office.
What You’ll Do:
- You will be a part of our development team and actively participate in all phases of the software development life cycle, including requirements gathering, functional and technical design, development, testing and roll-out, and support.
- You will solve complex business problems by utilizing disciplined development methodology, producing scalable, flexible, efficient and supportable solutions using appropriate technologies.
- You will provide quality implementation and testing of a component or feature with peer and manager support.
- You will drive technical implementation at the application/product level for small project.
- You will provide improvements to solutions for a given problem
- Resolve problems and roadblocks as they occur with help from peers or managers. Follow through on details and drive issues to closure with help from peers or managers.
- Collaborate with and learn from all members and levels of technical staff
Who You Are:
- Currently enrolled in a 4-year university, pursuing a bachelor's or master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering or related technical field
- December 2020 or May / June 2021 graduation date
- Available to start: June 28, 2021
- Knowledge of data structures, algorithms and OOP concepts
- Experience in agile/Scrum software development practices
- Effective verbal and written communication skills with able to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences
- Experience developing and supporting e-commerce systems and conducting A/B testing scenarios is a plus
- Prior internship, related projects or leadership experience
- Travel industry and/or e-commerce experience is a plus
You’ve applied, now what?
We will review your application and if you are considered a fit, we will invite you to take an online assessment. Those who pass the assessment will be invited for a final interview.
Expedia Group New Grad SDE I Start Date: June 28, 2021
Why Join Us?
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are a global travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and bring the world within reach – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, Vrbo®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia Cruises™ and SilverRail Technologies, Inc. For more information, visit www.expediagroup.com.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.