Zipwhip is a Seattle, WA based SaaS (Software-as-a-Service) company that is changing the way businesses and consumers communicate. We are one of the main reasons it is possible to text with a business today. Zipwhip was the first company to enable texting on existing business phone numbers and we’re the leading business-texting software and API provider. More than 35,000 companies trust us to increase customer engagement and drive growth through texting on their existing landline, VoIP, and toll-free phone numbers. We offer an intuitive cloud-based software, an enterprise-grade API, and direct network connectivity. Businesses can use any computer or mobile device to reach their customers securely and reliably, every time. Zipwhip is the only business-texting provider with direct connections to all Tier 1 and 2 wireless operators in the U.S. and Canada, and we deliver billions of texts to consumers nationwide.
Our strong venture backing allows us to intently invest in our product, technology and team; we’ve received nearly $100 million in funding from strong investors- Goldman Sachs, M12 (Microsoft Ventures) and OpenView. We are consistently ranked one of Washington’s fastest-growing workplaces and were voted the 6th best place to work in the state by Seattle Business magazine and The Puget Sound Business Journal in 2019. And now we’re expanding internationally- building teams and growing our presence in Calgary.
We are looking for an experienced developer manager to build a team around our developer platform. Not only is this an opportunity to join the team as one of our first managers in Canada but you’ll help lead the creation of building a key team to address the needs of our developers. You’ll be responsible for creating products that attract new customers to our platform through features and accessibility.
Every day we work to uphold our core DIRECT values: Determination, Innovation, Respect, Enthusiasm, Collaboration and Trust. We know that we’ll build better products if we have a diverse and inspired team that’s encouraged to make mistakes and experiment.
If you want to be part of a team where you’re supported and empowered to change the way the world communicates, then we’d love to hear from you.
How this role makes an impact:
- Are a highly motivated engineering manager and leader with a passion for empowering and growing an engineering team
- Bring your unique set of diverse experiences and background to our team openly and collaboratively so that we can all expand and grow better and faster
- Have an open and honest communication style that provides guidance and expectations for your team
- You care about diversity- in team, in products, and work to create a psychologically safe work environment for all employees
- Are an engaging communicator, passionate about technology, and have a keen eye for detail, excellent organizational, analytical, and delivery skills, and have an entrepreneurial mindset
- Collaborate well yet can make touch decisions and influence stakeholders appropriately
- Will be designing a product line that will speak to others in your profession. You will build a product that should attract engineers and convey trust and expertise to decision-makers
- Have in-depth practical technical experience with API management, microservices and integration solutions, customer challenges, and best practice
- Have experience with security throughout the software development lifecycle. You apply this expertise through design/spec reviews, threat modeling, code reviews, tool selection, vulnerability scanning, and incident response
- Have experience in software engineering at a fast paced SaaS growth company. Even though you may not have been coding regularly, you will need to be comfortable reviewing code with software engineers
- You understand the goal of each feature request and if you don’t, you're asking questions to develop that understanding
- Bias for action
- Will lead through modeling and championing our DIRECT values of Determination, Innovation, Respect, Enthusiasm, Collaboration, and Trust- with customer centricity at the heart of all
- Are comfortable dealing with ambiguity and a shifting landscape
- Are curious, willing to learn, share, and improve
The skills you'll need:
- 10+ years of related product development experience shipping multiple products/services
- 3+ years of engineering management experience
- Track record of building high functioning teams, including recruiting, mentoring, and retaining diverse talent base
- Strong customer focus and deep passion for shipping great products
- Experience managing projects with a variety of stakeholders in the organization as well as owning the execution
- Show organizational agility, cross-team collaboration, commitment to results, and written and verbal communications
- Experience with Service Oriented Architectures (SOA), REST, object-oriented programming, and design patterns
- Experience engaging with customers and partners, both inside and outside of Zipwhip to understand their business needs and priorities, technological landscape, and roadmaps
- Ranked the #6 best workplace in Washington in 2019 from Seattle Business magazine and The Puget Sound Business Journal
- We value diversity and strive to create an environment where everyone can feel safe, valued, empowered, and connected.
- A fun, lively startup culture and a brand new Headquartered office in Seattle (we can’t wait to get back there post COVID) We don’t just talk the talk. Our award-winning culture stems from having a core set of values that are lived daily and are at the forefront of all we do.
- Ample opportunities for professional growth, internal advancement and movement, and company-supported learning.
- Competitive compensation and stock options.
- Full benefits package including parental leave, retirement plan options, PTO, and medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance.
- Virtual wellness offerings (yoga, meditation) and other wellness offerings.
- Stipend for transportation and cell phone usage.
- A culture of transparency and open communication, including a weekly Company update meeting (catered weekly lunch when on-site working) hosted by our CEO
Regular and predictable attendance is an essential function of the job.
This job is work from home friendly though occasional travel to Headquarters post COVID will be necessary.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity of all kinds. We prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally recognized basis. This includes, but isn’t limited to, race, color, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, creed, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital status, age, veteran status, disability or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
We are an E-verify participating employer.