Principal Emerging Interfaces (Mobile/Chatbot) Architect
Principal Mobile Product Architect, Software Architect
Location: Santa Clare or San Diego, CA, or remote.
*Remote individuals would have significant travel (50%) to San Diego year 1.
This position reports to: Sr. Director of Software Engineering
ServiceNow is changing the way people work. With a service-orientation toward the activities, tasks and processes that make up day-to-day work life, we help the modern enterprise operate faster and be more scalable than ever before.
We’re disruptive. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. We are highly adaptable and constantly evolving. We are passionate about our product, and we live for our customers. We have high expectations and a career at ServiceNow means challenging yourself to always be better.
WHO WE ARE?
Imagine your work day dominated less by emails and spreadsheets and more time given back to you to do your actual job. At ServiceNow, we are making work life more lifelike and changing the way the biggest companies in the world are doing business.
Our technology delivers digital workflows and helps structure and automate the flow of work to streamline the delivery of services across the modern enterprise so that individuals can have everything they need within their fingertips, just like they do in real life.
What you get to do in this role:
- Analyze and optimize mobile product and infrastructure code.
- Optimize CPU, memory, I/O, network and battery usage in our mobile applications.
- Own high-visibility performance metrics.
- Partner with other architects to implement high-performance mobile frameworks.
- Research and summarize adjacent technology trends to provide guidance.
- Articulate complex technical and architectural concepts to a wide range of audiences.
- Roll out the process for consistent design pattern and a unified metadata model.
- Mentor the team on the “how” of better use of existing platform components and performance best practices.
- Participate as needed in leading technical reviews that require input/perspective.
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- Extreme experience with Native and Hybrid Mobile application development. IOS expertise are a must have.
- Ability to develop architectures at different levels
- Ability to learn ServiceNow platform and new technologies quickly and demonstrate a hands-on understanding
- Strong understanding of design patterns, integration patterns/practice, Data modeling principles and best practices
- A good track record of project delivery for large cross-team projects
- Experience of mentoring team members through dotted-line relationships
- Strong communication skills and the ability to connect with engineers, managers, PMs, customers, and partners..
- Experience with Cloud Development Platforms, Mobile/Web development frameworks, and service-oriented architecture (SOA)
- S, M.S or PhD in Computer Science or equivalent preferred or relevant experience.
- 10+ years of software experience in a global hi-tech organization.
We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits and a professional atmosphere. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at (408) 501-8550, or [email protected] for assistance.