Principal Software Engineer - Platforms at DomainTools
DomainTools uses modern technologies to gather, process, and analyze large data sets and build data services that are used by our customers for cybersecurity research and threat intelligence. At DomainTools, you will work as part of a collaborative team of smart and engaged engineers. You will work in an environment where productivity is fostered.
DomainTools is going all-in on Cloud Native and building a brand new Cloud and DevOps Platform team. This team will be critical to establishing and maintaining sustainable engineering practices as we transition from on-prem data center to public cloud infrastructure through high quality software engineering building out platform tooling, advocacy, and a willingness to teach your peers to fish in the Cloud Native landscape. If you are interested in joining the team on the ground floor, read on.
DomainTools is seeking a Principal Software Engineer to join our Platform team. You will get to work with our Technology Council to develop data schemas, databases and data lakes to translate business rules and raw data into usable designs and information. Our Principal Engineer researches, facilitates, develops and delivers cutting edge techniques in workflow management, stream, and real time messaging to ensure services interoperability, increase consistency, and improve the lives of your coworkers every day.
Our team’s vision is to create shared services and developer-centric platform that will become “glue” between systems and significantly improve coworkers effectiveness. We aim for continuous integration and deployment of our world class security applications to our hybrid AWS environment. We are curating a list of best in class tools while building what is missing to make getting our jobs done easier and deliver exemplary developer tooling.
Work closely with small, highly collaborative Operations and Development teams to architect and deploy high impact solutions. Communicate with technologists and business people alike. As a Senior member of the team, you can provide technical leadership, evangelize DevOps culture and demonstrate best practices including observability / metrics and security.
Do you have a passion of building shared platform, cloud native software, design patterns and a bias to action? Do you believe in and practice DevOps philosophy and are excited about the security space?
RequirementsKey Applicant Qualifications
- 8+ years development experience building resilient platforms and/or SaaS solutions
- Workflow management platform e.g. Airflow
- Real time messaging experience (e.g. Kafka, RabbitMQ)
- Design, development or operation of systems leveraging AWS
- Use of microservice architectures in production
- Excellence in more than one programming language; Python 3 & GoLang
- Bias for action
- History of working effectively in a small team environment; a strong team player and ability to troubleshoot complex problems
- Positive attitude with strong attention to detail and a desire to produce high-quality results
- Self-motivated, able to work independently
- Proven ability to facilitate, present & influence at all levels of companies
- Prior experience working as a bridge between development and operations teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Passion for Cloud Native software and design patterns
- Believe in and practice DevOps philosophy
- Excited about security space!
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science/related field or equivalent experience
- HashiCorp software stack knowledge, particularly Terraform
- Design, implementation and/or maintenance of CI/CD automation and tooling
- Use or development of Platform as a Service technology and techniques
- Excitement over immutable infrastructure as code
- Enjoyment developing software for a Linux/Unix environment
- Experience in designing, building and maintaining large-scale big data infrastructures
- Experience with serverless technology such as knative or Amazon Lambda
- Experience with data mining or machine learning techniques
- Experience with bash
DomainTools is the leader in domain name, DNS and Internet OSINT-based cyber threat intelligence and cybercrime forensics products and data. With over 15 years of domain name, DNS and related ‘cyber fingerprint’ data across the Internet, DomainTools helps companies assess security threat risks, profile attackers, investigate online fraud and crimes, and map cyber activity in order to stop attacks. Our customers include many Fortune 500 companies, including leaders in Internet technology, banking, consumer products, manufacturing and government. We are located in Belltown (downtown Seattle) in a very cool office staffed with smart and energetic co-workers. We provide great benefits such as fully paid premiums for medical plans for employees, partially paid pet insurance, unlimited PTO, and flexible scheduling to name a few.
DomainTools embraces diversity, equity, and inclusion to its fullest as an equal opportunity employer. We build our teams so creativity and innovation can flourish. We believe inclusivity and equity fosters innovation and growth; and we harness this mindset to drive a culture that serves our employees and our customers. We encourage people of all backgrounds, ages, perspectives, and skill sets to apply; and do not discriminate based on age, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.