Volt Athletics is searching for a quality engineer to join our product team. This person will be responsible for vetting product requirements and verifying successful delivery. Testing and verification will be conducted across Volt's web and mobile applications, using both automated and manual techniques to identify and document defects and usability issues. The QE will work with software developers to improve and adapt processes as needed to optimize results.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Work with members of the product team to assure clear and testable acceptance criteria for all stories
- Build, execute, and maintain automated and manual test plans for both web and mobile applications
- Perform exploratory manual testing
- Find and document defects with detailed steps to reproduce
- Collaborate with product team to triage and successfully resolve bugs
- Support and help drive ongoing improvements to our quality assurance processes and tools
- Must be passionate about building exceptional products, enjoy learning and have excellent problem solving skills
- 1+ years’ experience in quality engineering delivering web and mobile production software
- Familiarity with agile development processes
- Experience with Jira or other issue/task tracking software
- Experience with Rainforest or other automated testing software is nice to have
- An interest in sports and fitness is very helpful
What you’ll get at Volt
- A virtual workplace that offers flexibility, no matter where you’re located
- 4-day work weeks with “Flex Fridays" (Check out this write-up about our switch to a new, more balanced work schedule in GeekWire!)
- Full healthcare benefits, including dental and vision
- Stock options package
- Trust, autonomy, and a chance to contribute to an exciting startup in one of the fastest-growing areas of tech
We were founded in Seattle, WA, and that's where most of the team resides. However, we've recently converted to a fully distributed team, with a growing number of employees located elsewhere in the United States.
Due to COVID-19, Volt has transitioned to a fully distributed workforce. All open positions are remote at this time, however, candidates should be based in the US with a willingness to travel to Seattle periodically. Volt has recently adopted a 4-day workweek, allowing employees to have more control over their work schedules. Unsurprisingly, this has resulted in higher levels of job satisfaction and lower levels of stress across the company!
Volt Athletics is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law.
Our company's core mission is to help our customers achieve their goals through thoughtful training that results in healthier lives. Please see our about page for more details.