Salesforce Software Development Engineer I
We are looking for an experienced Salesforce Software Developer to join our team. This is a hands-on programming role responsible for developing new solutions in and around Salesforce.
As part of the Expedia Salesforce team, you are a self-starter, able to handle various tasks and projects at a time, own deliverables end-to-end, prioritize effectively, and thrive in a dynamic environment. You also work well under pressure to meet ongoing and overlapping deadlines within short time constraints. You will work closely with various business teams to build functional operational support through the Salesforce.com application. You possess the ability to understand business requirements and processes and build workable solutions in Salesforce.com.
What you will be doing:
- Supporting a diverse partner group in all phases of Salesforce development: planning/grooming, delivery, support
- Crafting, developing, debugging, and modifying components of existing SFDC applications and supporting technologies
- Translating business requirements into logical, component-based technical designs
- Participation in daily stand-ups to provide updates and maintain transparency within the group and across business partners
- Participation in the development of standard methodologies
- Involvement in peer code reviews to drive consistent quality across the platform
- Driving resolution of bugs/issues
- Giving technical insight to daily support issues as needed
What you will bring:
- 2+ years previous development experience with Salesforce.com
- Experience with Visualforce, APEX, SOQL, SOSL
- Experience in technical analysis and object oriented programming
- Detailed knowledge of Salesforce.com architecture
- Experience using SFDC-related tools (Eclipse IDE, Apex Data Loader, Workbench)
- Ability to meet deadlines under pressure
- Experience with Python and AWS is a plus
Why join us
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.