Egencia is Expedia Group’s business travel company. In the same spirit, we are pioneers in the industry. Always solutions oriented, we value human contact. Egencia's teams collaborate globally to provide business travelers with the best possible user experience every single day.
Egencia is looking for Security Engineers to help us defend Egencia’s world class platform. Join a team who work tirelessly to secure our infrastructure and applications. This role requires you to have breadth and depth of security knowledge while earning the respect of your team mates and internal customers. You will be solving complex security challenges at scale and work on securing applications powering the most sophisticated travel e-commerce platform ever built.
- Work with development teams to carry out Application Security Reviews
- Provide expert advice and consultancy to internal customers on risk assessment, threat modeling and fixing vulnerabilities
- Design, implement and support security-focused tools and services
- Evangelize security within Egencia and be an advocate for customer partnership
- Recognize, adopt, utilize and teach best practices in security engineering and development
- Develop training materials for specific application security technology training
- Evaluate new and emerging security products and technologies
- Maintain an understanding of the internet threat environment and how it affects Egencia
- Understand the current state of network and application security tools and how they can benefit the company.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems or equivalent practical experience.
- 3+ years of experience designing and implementing security solutions
- 3+ years of enterprise level e-commerce application experience
- Experience designing and implementing security solutions for large scale distributed systems
- Experience in application security, cryptography, network security and systems security
- Knowledge of platform level vulnerability hardening or testing in Linux and Windows
- Knowledge of techniques for authentication, authorization and use of cryptographic systems
- Knowledge of threat modeling and other risk identification techniques
- Knowledge of system security vulnerabilities and remediation techniques
- Experience with Static (SAST) and Dynamic (DAST) testing
- Experience with cloud platform security
- Understanding of Agile development methodologies
- Scripting skills (e.g., Perl, Python shell scripting)
- Knowledge of network and web protocols (TCP/IP, UDP, IPSEC, HTTP, HTTPS, routing)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong sense of ownership and drive
Why join us
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.