Senior Backend Engineer II, New Product Team at Auth0
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:03 a.m. (PST) on Thursday, June 10, 2021
Awesome tech is made by awesome people. And we’re always looking for new team members who bring the energy, passion, commitment, and collaboration that has made Auth0 the great company it is today.
So what do we exactly build? Auth0 is an authentication and authorization platform designed by developers, for developers. Basically, we make companies’ login boxes safe, secure, and seamless for anyone logging in. Our mission is to secure the world’s identities so innovators can innovate. But it’s a big mission that requires a lot of teamwork.
Words, code, or people, whatever your skill, there’s a place for you here.
Auth0 provides the simplest and most secure identity platform for developers to make the internet safer. We believe in crafted software, in end-to-end ownership of projects and hyper-fast iterations. The company continues to grow rapidly and services major startups and enterprise customers. We are processing billions of logins for thousands of customers from startups to big organizations.
We are looking for an engineer to join a new team and help develop and ship a new product.
- Help ship a brand new product.
- Collaborate with the team on priorities, specs, and progress.
- Evaluate new technologies & techniques to improve overall practices.
- Craft the components of the solution, favoring well-documented, reusable, and testable code.
- Help design and develop a scalable and flexible architecture.
- Design, build, and maintain public APIs, used by Auth0 customers, as well as internal services.
- Once the product is released, be on-call and debug production issues across multiple levels of our stack.
- Collaborate with fellow engineers to build new features at large-scale.
- Refine engineering practices, standards, and tooling.
- Work with a modern stack: AWS services, Docker/K8S, NodeJS, GraphQL, Mongo/Postgres, Websockets, RabbitMQ, Redis, Cloudflare, etc...
You might be a good fit for this role if you:
- Have experience developing and supporting intuitive and robust components/APIs.
- Are familiar with the challenges and approaches for designing interconnected, scalable systems.
- Take an iterative approach to development, dividing long-term goals into incremental milestones and react to customer feedback quickly.
- Thrive in a fast-paced and collaborative environment.
- Have familiarity with the tools we currently use, such as NodeJS, Mongo, Redis, RabbitMQ. However, we always try to use the best tool for the job, therefore we care more about your general engineering skill than knowledge of a particular language or tool.
- Have experience working in a remote-first organization.
- Place a high value on security.
- Are currently located in the United States, Argentina or Canada.
- #US; #CA; #AR;
Auth0 makes the internet safer by safeguarding billions of login transactions each month.
Our team is spread across more than 35 countries and we are proud to continually be recognized as a great place to work. Culture is critical to us, and we are transparent about our vision and principles. We practice N+1>N which applies to everything from our people to how we iterate our tech; we believe in one team, one score; and we give a shit about everything we do.
Research shows that candidates from underrepresented backgrounds often don’t apply unless they meet all the job criteria. We aren’t looking for someone who ticks every single box on a page; we’re looking for lifelong learners and people who can make us better with their unique experiences. If you think you’d be a great fit, then please get in touch to tell us about yourself.
Auth0, recently acquired by Okta, is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Auth0 conducts all employment-related activities without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, citizenship status, genetics, or status as a Vietnam-era special disabled and other covered veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Auth0 participates in E-Verify and will confirm work authorization for candidates residing in the United States.