Senior Cloud Data Security Engineer
ExpediaDSP – Data Services and Platforms
Our mission is to power reliable, trustworthy and scalable data products, that fuel decision-making and give a competitive advantage to Expedia Group.
We use a blend of open source, custom development, and commercial tools to deliver and operate petabyte-scale data platforms used across the business. Our ecosystem includes multiple cloud providers, massive Hadoop clusters, parallel databases, and a broad mix of leading data management and analytics tools.Who You Are:
We are looking for an experienced Cloud Security Engineer who is passionate about maintaining a high-quality bar for software and is deeply committed to supporting decision-making through data analysis and driving security compliance through automation.
- Are fluent in modern software architectures and concepts, able to speak at every level of the organization and across technology stacks
- Are familiar with modern enterprise cloud security patterns
- Have strong experience in Python, or equivalent language, and proficient with Linux
- Have 7+ years of experience with securing cloud infrastructure in AWS
- Have 7+ years of experience in deploying and managing large scale distributed systems
- Have 5+ years of experience building automation to deploy and manage AWS infrastructure
You will architect, build and support a modern, multi-tenant cloud-based enterprise data platform for both transactions and analytics and share your knowledge with your teammates, as well as the larger tech community. Principally responsible for the security architecture and tooling, ensuring our compliance with security policies as well as driving the organization in continuously improving our security posture.
- Principally responsible for the security design of DSP’s enterprise data strategy
- Design, implement and maintain network topology and security policies for our data environments, both cloud and on-premise
- Innovate on multi-tenant cloud data sharing with an emphasis on distributed access
- Collaborate with infrastructure, network, database, application, and business analytics teams to ensure data quality, durability and availability
- Support development, QA, and operations teams
- Evaluate and propose new tools and technologies to meet the needs of the organization
- Ensure all platform architectures comply with Expedia Group’s security policies
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground, so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
*LI-AN1Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.