Senior DevOps Engineer
Sr. DevOps Engineer
What Donuts is about
From .life to .solutions to .news, we are the global leader in high-quality, top-level domains for unifying, managing and amplifying digital identity. And since work and technology should be fun, we are proud to include .rocks and .social in our leading portfolio. Donuts Inc. is privately held and profitable. As we help build the new internet, we are hiring smart people who know how to get things done.
Donuts is headquartered in Kirkland, Washington, with offices in Denver, Dublin, and Beijing.
Learn more about us! Check us out at www.donuts.domains.
What this role is about
Donuts is looking for a driven self-starter Sr. DevOps Engineer to become a member of our close-knit Systems Engineering team. We work in a demanding and geographically diverse production environment that presents many technical challenges. To be successful in this position the engineer will need to
demonstrate the ability to work quickly to analyze and resolve issues, architect highly available
systems that meet business requirements and maintain project timelines.
What you will do in this role
- Responsible for the developing, implementing and support infrastructure on-premise and in the cloud.
- Architecting and implementing systems to provide reliable and scalable services using the Linux operating system.
- Investigate and troubleshoot complex multi-system issues in a production environments.
- Provide technical leadership in design and administration of geo-diverse, highly available systems and platforms, as well as implementing operational best practices.
- Plan, facilitate, and participate in systems and platform upgrades, service, and preventative maintenance activities.
- Document the operations of system processes, procedures, and configurations.
- Instrument, analyze, and publish systems and platform capacity, performance, and availability metrics.
- Stay abreast of modern systems and platform technology, and possess advanced knowledge of industry standard systems and platform tools and methodology.
- Participate effectively in team meetings and project planning, including on-call responsibilities.
- Minimum of 7 years recent experience implementing and supporting systems, platforms, and physical layer systems in mission-critical production datacenter environments for more than one company.
- Experience architecting infrastructure solutions and supporting large applications in the AWS cloud. Familiarity with the Google Cloud Platform and Azure.
- Proven ability to optimize production web servers and services for high volume internet traffic.
- Experience (Certification highly preferred) in Red Hat Enterprise Linux, Centos, Ubuntu, HP-UX or FreeBSD. Windows and Linux interoperability experience is a plus.
- Be able to manage a linux infrastructure using standard enterprise tools such as, Spacewalk, Cobbler, FreeIPA, LDAP and Ansible.
- Have experience configuring and optimizing Linux based servers such as PostgreSQL, bind, httpd, nginx, rabbitmq and elasticsearch.
- Advanced knowledge of network services including DNS, LDAP, Postfix, NTP and DHCP including remediation of performance issues. VMWare and Storage experience a plus.
- Experience implementing and supporting new systems and platform technologies, and understanding the associated business implications with a minimal amount of supervision.
- Proven ability to architect highly available systems to meet business requirements.
- Ability to participate in a shared 24/7 on-call schedule.
- Possess excellent analytical and organizational skills and Provide guidance and mentoring to other engineers.
- Minimum of a BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience required.
A few things to know about us
- Donuts offers a highly competitive compensation package and a friendly, collaborative culture that values employee engagement and ongoing career development. Donuts also offers some great perks such as catered Friday lunches, a fully stocked kitchen including coffee, snacks and drinks, as well as great waterfront views.
- Donuts is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or any other category prohibited by local, state or federal law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, compensation, benefits, social and recreational activities and termination.
Read Full Job Description