Senior Director, Technology Enablement and Operations
Senior Director, Technology Enablement and Operations
Egencia, Expedia Group’s business travel management company, is a fast-paced organization in the very dynamic business travel industry. Egencia's teams collaborate globally to provide business travelers with the best possible user experience every single day. We are looking for a dynamic Senior Director to focus on business operations, program management, and continuous improvement across the entire Egencia technology team. This role will report to the Egencia technology leader and will also work cross functionally with additional leaders at Egencia and Expedia Group.
What you’ll do:
- Build consistent program management capabilities across the technology organization to drive delivery and partner on complex initiatives across Egencia and Expedia Group
- Responsible for coordination of major technology initiatives spanning multiple parts of the organization, including other Egencia and Expedia Group functions
- Collaborate with Egencia technology leadership team to define, track, and report on the organizational critical KPIs; ranging from investment levels to execution progress to operational and quality metrics
- Partner with Finance on budgets, financial planning, and tracking
- Ensure timesheet compliance for accurate CapEx and OpEx tracking
- Orchestrate effective communication across the organization, including regular Town Halls, blog newsletters, celebrations, and monthly technology reviews
- Manage an efficient operating rhythm for the organization, including regular meetings, operating reviews, and leadership offsites
- Work with other technology leaders to create and execute a roadmap of process improvements to increase productivity, generate velocity, and streamline operations
- Drive industry best practices in Agile product development and DevOps
- Partner with HR and Technology leadership team to drive engagement across the organization through consistent onboarding, people development, performance management, and recognition practices
Who you are:
- Successful in software development across both development and program management with enterprise scale applications
- 8+ years of technology management experience in an eCommerce and/or software development environment using Agile methodologies
- Experience in a customer-focused organization with proven credentials in building products that partners and end-consumers need, want, and will adopt
- Strong leadership skills in attracting, retaining and developing tech talent and proven ability to successfully lead growing technology team
- Inspiring and approachable leader with a track record of building diverse teams and inclusive cultures
- Ability to create a strong vision of success and deliver excellent results
- Humble and transparent, and lead with open, candid relationships and able to inspire such relationships across Egencia and the wider Expedia Group
- Strong strategic and analytical skills, as well as ability to go into detail as necessary
- Excellent influencing and stakeholder management skills in a complex organization
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground, so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.