Senior Engineer, IAM User Management at Auth0
Sorry, this job was removed at 1:33 p.m. (PST) on Wednesday, June 30, 2021
Awesome tech is made by awesome people. And we’re always looking for new team members who bring the energy, passion, commitment, and collaboration that has made Auth0 the great company it is today.
So what do we exactly build? Auth0 is an authentication and authorization platform designed by developers, for developers. Basically, we make companies’ login boxes safe, secure, and seamless for anyone logging in. Our mission is to secure the world’s identities so innovators can innovate. But it’s a big mission that requires a lot of teamwork.
Words, code, or people, whatever your skill, there’s a place for you here.
Are you interested in building an amazing customer experience at scale? Do you want to improve your knowledge of security? Would you like to help our customers make their applications more secure? Are you ready to make the internet safer?
The IAM User Management team at Auth0, stores and manages user identities on behalf of our customers to provide them the most secure and reliable user management experience in the industry. We work on designing and developing new features and improvements related to security, scalability, performance and functionality to protect and empower our users and take our platform to the next level.
You will have the opportunity to gain a greater understanding and context about how Auth0 works and deepen your knowledge of authorization, security, databases and how to build reliable, highly-available distributed systems.
- Collaborate with other developers and teams to develop new features, APIs, improvements and fixes to handle our current and future scale.
- Strive to ensure the quality and customer value of our product.
- Learn more, and in depth the domain of IAM.
- Be a part of the team's on-call rotations to make sure we offer our client the best availability for our services.
- Identify and resolve production issues and implement fixes for them.
You might be a good fit for this role if:
- You have 3+ years of software development experience.
- You have created or enjoy creating public APIs.
- Are passionate about working on systems that are highly-reliable, maintainable and scalable.
- You have experience and passion for good engineering practices and testing.
- You have knowledge and experience of data modeling and principles of database systems (relational and non-relational).You are a good communicator and enjoy interacting with people.
- You excel when working autonomously, and know when to seek help from your team members.
- You always strive to learn and are interested in improving your security knowledge.
- You are currently located in Canada or the United States.
- Have 2+ years of experience in the identity and access management (IAM) domain.
- Have front-end development knowledge and some experience with frameworks such as React.
- Have solid experience with cloud environments (e.g: AWS).Know about security engineering, authentication and federation protocols, cryptography, and application security.
- Have experience with OAuth2 and/or SAML auth protocols.
- Have familiarity with the tools we currently use, such as Node.js, TypeScript, MongoDB, DynamoDB, PostgreSQL.
- #CA; #US;
Auth0 makes the internet safer by safeguarding billions of login transactions each month.
Our team is spread across more than 35 countries and we are proud to continually be recognized as a great place to work. Culture is critical to us, and we are transparent about our vision and principles. We practice N+1>N which applies to everything from our people to how we iterate our tech; we believe in one team, one score; and we give a shit about everything we do.
Research shows that candidates from underrepresented backgrounds often don’t apply unless they meet all the job criteria. We aren’t looking for someone who ticks every single box on a page; we’re looking for lifelong learners and people who can make us better with their unique experiences. If you think you’d be a great fit, then please get in touch to tell us about yourself.
Auth0, recently acquired by Okta, is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Auth0 conducts all employment-related activities without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, citizenship status, genetics, or status as a Vietnam-era special disabled and other covered veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Auth0 participates in E-Verify and will confirm work authorization for candidates residing in the United States.
Read Full Job Description