Senior Engineer - Security Engineering at Auth0
Sorry, this job was removed at 1:34 p.m. (PST) on Wednesday, June 30, 2021
Awesome tech is made by awesome people. And we’re always looking for new team members who bring the energy, passion, commitment, and collaboration that has made Auth0 the great company it is today.
So what do we exactly build? Auth0 is an authentication and authorization platform designed by developers, for developers. Basically, we make companies’ login boxes safe, secure, and seamless for anyone logging in. Our mission is to secure the world’s identities so innovators can innovate. But it’s a big mission that requires a lot of teamwork.
Words, code, or people, whatever your skill, there’s a place for you here.
As a Senior Engineer, you will contribute to the development of automated access management tools at Auth0. This role involves developing access policies and implementing automated solutions for access management. A strong mind for edge-cases and a love of problem solving is key to this role!
Your contributions will help Auth0 scale to meet the needs of a distributed workforce. Additionally, you will help ensure Auth0 remains compliant in all relevant regulations, and help develop new features that create solutions across departments.
- Take ownership of project features from requirements gathering to delivery.
- Develop security services, tools, and automation to help make our work secure by design.
- Communicate with teams across all departments at Auth0 to discover and define requirements.
- Integrate web APIs from a diverse portfolio of cloud applications.
- Document and maintain system functionality.
- Intermediate (2+ years) experience with Python 3, NodeJs, or Golang.
- Previous AWS ecosystem experience with an emphasis on Lambda functions and the “serverless” model.
- Awareness of the importance of security on design decisions.
- Familiarity with web security principles related to access management.
- Ability to develop feature requirements and prioritize based on timelines.
- Currently located in the United States or Canada.
Nice to have:
- Experience with AWS IAM policy best practices.
- Knowledge of NoSQL database design, especially DynamoDB.
- Knowledge of access management frameworks (e.g. RBAC).
- Previous experience working with the Serverless framework.
- #US; #CA;
Auth0 makes the internet safer by safeguarding billions of login transactions each month.
Our team is spread across more than 35 countries and we are proud to continually be recognized as a great place to work. Culture is critical to us, and we are transparent about our vision and principles. We practice N+1>N which applies to everything from our people to how we iterate our tech; we believe in one team, one score; and we give a shit about everything we do.
Research shows that candidates from underrepresented backgrounds often don’t apply unless they meet all the job criteria. We aren’t looking for someone who ticks every single box on a page; we’re looking for lifelong learners and people who can make us better with their unique experiences. If you think you’d be a great fit, then please get in touch to tell us about yourself.
Auth0, recently acquired by Okta, is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Auth0 conducts all employment-related activities without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, citizenship status, genetics, or status as a Vietnam-era special disabled and other covered veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Auth0 participates in E-Verify and will confirm work authorization for candidates residing in the United States.
Read Full Job Description