Who is Wyze?
Wyze is a tech startup based in Kirkland, WA.
We’re a team of innovators and tech geeks obsessed with making smart home products accessible to everyone. Our products are intuitive and easy to use, and we partner with our customers to add new features and continuously improve our products over time. We believe customers shouldn’t have to compromise – beautifully designed smart home products should enrich people’s lives and be something everyone can afford.
We launched our first smart home camera, Wyze Cam, in October 2017. We also sell Wyze Cam Pan, a pan & tilt camera.
What is this opportunity?
If you have the spirit of an entrepreneur and enjoy a fast pace environment, this opportunity is for you. We are growing rapidly and looking for team members who have the energy to work in a quickly moving industry. We are a user-centric company, being able to understand our customers and our users is one of the aspects to success in our company.
Are you excited about next technology revolution? The Internet of Things (IoT) is changing the world and Wyze is a new but strong player in the field. We are building an IoT platform capable of connecting millions of devices in the world. Wyze already released smart cameras, sensors, bulbs, plugs. Our device count and categories keep growing every month. We are determined to build a simple and enjoyable IoT experience for our customers.
Wyze is looking for motivated Mobile App developers who share the same dream about IoT. As a developer, you will be responsible to design and implement different features inside our app. Our features range from building platform level experience to end-to-end experience for individual devices. We also do integration with other smart home system like Alexa, Google Home, and IFTTT. It is one golden opportunity to get yourself in the true IoT era.
- Work cross teams to take new IoT concepts from inception to production
- Work closely with feature team members to provide technical feedback for PRD and design doc
- Design and implement highly-efficient code that scales to millions of devices
- Design and develop platform level features such as system notifications, device automation, and Wyze shop
- Design and implement a secure and performant solution for each of your features
- Prototype with new technologies to enable new scenarios
- Integrate with our cloud and firmware to develop simple and enjoyable user experience
- Occasionally work with beta/official customers for direct issue investigation
- Foresee future changes, lead the feature team to provide expandable and scalable solutions
- Be futuristic and realistic, scope complex problems into multiple stage release plan
- Coach junior team members to build a ‘better-together’ team
- Drive cross-team engineering effort such as improving code review system, build pipeline, telemetry, etc.
- BA/BS in engineering or related majors
- 4+ years of software development experience in iOS or Android
- Excellent internal and external communication skill
- Strong design skills to abstract specific issues into system level solutions
- Strong analytical problem-solving skills
- Former experience with IoT and/or smart home products
- Former experience with agile development
- Be active and passionate participant in Smart Home products
- Former experience with platform design and implementation
- Be available during some weekday nights to communicate with teammates from China
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Read Full Job Description