Senior Security Architect, Infrastructure, Host and Network Security
Expedia Group’s Enterprise Risk & Security team (ERS) is seeking a hardworking and highly motivated Senior Security Architect. This individual will shape the future of our security practices and technologies as Expedia Group's travel platform evolves and uses new technologies to provide the best travel experience for our customers. Our ERS team is one of the best risk and security organizations in the world. We create and use the best technology solutions to continuously protect our data and systems for the benefit of our customers.
Who you are
We are seeking an individual who is passionate about and capable of solving complex security challenges, at scale. You should possess or have confirmed experience with:
- 10 years of experience in IT security or security engineering, and a Bachelor’s degree in related area or equivalent
- Producing and implementing security design patterns, standards, specifications procedures, and in developing and running security projects/programs in a complex, multi-matrixed organization
- Extensive knowledge of security industry methodologies, standards, and policies and confirmed experience as a leader, operating in a critical role that has phenomenal impact to team success
- Skilled at carrying out regulatory controls, policies, and standards with business owners; leading by influence
- Operating system configuration and management for Windows, Mac and Linux; container technologies, including Docker and Kubernetes
- Infrastructures, services, operations and platform operations; network topologies, including switching, routing and firewalls; physical and virtual compute infrastructures; storage technologies - all for cloud and for classic environments
- IPS/IDS technologies, implementations, and operations; coding / strong-automation skills
- Preferred skills/experiences-with: Master's degree in technical/related area; security certifications (e.g., CISSP, GIAC, CEH, etc.); building application security lifecycle programs, scorecards, reporting and metric tracking systems; hands-on code/service/program development; measure cross disciplinary security lifecycle programs, for tooling such as DLP, CASB, WAF, IPS, EDR, FIM, and VM; development of highly integrated security engineering programs that drive security operations and GRC capabilities; experience integrating security tooling into production and corporate technology stacks; integration of security engineering programs into enterprise monitoring and business intelligence systems
What you will do
- Lead the development of security requirements, conduct security design, compliance and risk assessments, review and document information security policies and procedures, and evaluate security vendors, services and technologies.
- Your work and influence spans Expedia Group, as you partner with technology and security leads from our divisions to understand their environments and identify strategic plans and solutions that deliver the highest levels of security. You develop and deliver on security programs and processes that span Expedia Group.
- You translate security/business requirements into designs that engineering teams consume to successfully deliver. You evangelize teams' efforts with partners, finding opportunities for engineers to excel. You mentor junior members and participate in their goals and objectives to accelerating their growth.
- You engage with internal teams and external vendors to identify where existing investments may be used and to drive enhancements and understand how roadmaps align with our security and technology needs.
- You stay in the know about emerging threats and effectively convey to business partners and leadership, at all levels of the company. You have a passion for protecting the confidentiality and integrity of company assets, including employee, customer, supplier and partner data.
Why join us
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground, so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.