Senior Software Dev Engineer
Do you care about helping customers find what they are looking for? Are you passionate about scalable, full-stack development? Are you interested in helping people make new memories? The Partner Central Onboarding Team is responsible for Brand Expedia's expansion and growth of travel destinations. We help hotels reach millions more potential travelers every day. We are looking for a Senior Engineer who is self-starter to help build the next generation of our Onboarding platform. Bring your passion for software engineering, engineering excellence, and technical leadership and be part of our success!
- Owns the end-to-end product life cycle for mid to large size projects: Design, development, testing, deployment, and providing operational excellence and support
- You find and advocate for Industry standards and standard methodologies in development methodologies, techniques, and technologies
- You contribute to advancing the team's design methodology and quality programming practices and mentor junior team members to adapt standard methodologies
- Innovate and implement new ideas to solve complex software problems and prototype creative solutions to enable product MVP's
- Independently understand scheduling, cost constraints, and impact to other teams; and make resource and architectural trade-offs
Based on those factors;
- Anticipate and prevent problems and roadblocks, before they occur, and present technical issues and their impact to leadership
- Lead, coordinate, and collaborate on multiple concurrent and complex cross-organizational initiatives
- Effectively build and maintain a network of key contacts across company, and use these contacts to achieve results
- Communicate and work effectively with geographically distributed multi-functional teams
- Commit to continuous improvement in software and development process within an agile development team
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- Showed strength in most areas of the professional function, and in-depth specialization in some
- Effective verbal and written communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information clearly and concisely
- Experience in Agile/Scrum software development practices
- 7 -10 + years of experience in the field of Software Engineering
- Expertise in Java, XML and JUnit
- RESTful Micro Services
- Apache Tomcat, Spring MVC, Spring Boot, Docker, Gradle, Grunt
- AWS: EC2, S3, Lambda, DynamoDB
- Significant industry experience developing in Java for large ecommerce sites and its associated technology stacks.
- Significant Experience building web services with these platforms desired.
- Strong experience with SQL databases and NoSQL solutions
- Strong experience implementing accessibility standard methodologies
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.