Remitly is on a mission to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial products on the planet. For nearly 10 years, we have been tirelessly delivering on our promises to immigrants sending their hard earned money home. Today, we are proud to have served millions of customers globally with Remitly and our newly launched Passbook app to provide immigrants access to banking. We strive daily to meet our promise to our customers by building peace of mind into everything we do. Join over 1,300 employees across 9 offices who are growing their careers while having a positive impact on people globally.
About the Role:
As a Mobile App Experience (APPX) Android developer, you will lead the development of features for our native Android app. APPX oversees our React Native codebase and the native implementation layers beneath it. We need a developer who can guide Android investments and work with product to build a seamless Android experience for our customers.
Over the next few quarters, you will lead development of new functionality for our Android application, building custom integrations between Android and React Native. You'll also contribute to platform projects like a GraphQL migration or a client-side state management redesign.
- Lead ideation, technical design, and development of new features with a data-driven and customer-centric viewpoint.
- Maintain our Android native layer and lead development of native features like Google sign-in and Google Pay.
- Expand our multi-platform React Native + TypeScript codebase with new tools and abstractions to support test automation, service-driven UI, request caching, and more.
- Cultivate an easier and higher-quality mobile development experience for other teams at Remitly.
- Advocate for users and developers alike in a dynamic role.
- Report to the Mobile App Experience tech lead.
- Degree in computer science and 6+ years of software development experience or equivalent.
- Experience building native Android or iOS apps.
- Experience working with product managers to solve customer problems.
- Unlimited paid time off
- Health, dental, vision benefits, and a 401k plan with company matching
- Company contributions to your HSA or FSA plan, if you choose one
- Continuing education and corridor travel benefits
- Scholars program
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Remitly. We are committed to nondiscrimination across our global organization and in all of our business operations. Employment is determined based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identification and expression, marital status, military status or status as an honorably discharge/veteran, pregnancy (including a woman's potential to get pregnant, pregnancy-related conditions, and childbearing), sexual orientation, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, physical, mental, or sensory disability (including the use of a trained dog guide or service animal), HIV/AIDS or hepatitis C status, genetic information, status as an actual or perceived victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other protected class as established by law.
Remitly is an E-Verify Employer