Senior Software Developer-UI at Expedia Group
Are you passionate about data and the technology needed to drive a multi-billion-dollar business? Do you love building creative, high-scale data products using a diverse set of state-of-the-art technologies?
Expedia’s Global Customer Operations Technology team is dedicated to driving technology innovation to create effortless customer experiences worldwide in Expedia apps, web sites, support channels, and contact centers. We support over 15 thousand agents and over 100 million customer interactions a year – with a global brand portfolio and workforce.
We are looking for software UI Engineers with a real passion for data. We are responsible for building accelerators, products and processes that power the data pipelines at Expedia, enable self-service capabilities and accelerate solution delivery. In this role, you will build and mature the UI for Expedia’s on-premises and cloud-based data platforms, collaborating to solve big challenges in the data ecosystem: data replication, providing cloud agnostic data services, intelligent monitoring/alerting of location agnostic data platforms, federated processing etc.
If you have strong web development skills and enjoy building web-based UI’s on a modern web stack, this is the place for you. Add a healthy passion for wrestling with large datasets and a desire to build automation tools, and you'll be set apart from the crowd.
If teamwork, respect, ownership, recognition, trust, simplification, and test-and-learn speaks to you - and the thought of joining a growing team excites you - we want to talk to you.
What You'll Do
- You will lead the design, analysis, development and deployment efforts for multiple enterprise application projects to tackle complex business problems.
- You'll produce scalable, flexible, efficient and supportable solutions using appropriate technologies.
- You'll support and follow the Expedia Software Development Lifecycle.
- You will collaborate with Developers, Program Managers, Testers and Production Support Engineers in an agile development environment.
- You will work with the product team to quickly prototype and iterate on new ideas - and you'll create fast, easy-to-use, and intuitive applications.
Who you are
- +5 years of experience leading technical designs, mentoring developers and helping driving Engineering Maturity.
- Experience building full-stack applications with Java, Node.js, React, etc.
- Deep understanding of software design principles, algorithms, data structures, and multithreading concepts.
- Self-starter that enjoys and takes pride in the development work of their team.
- A strong passion for solving complex software engineering puzzles.
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, collaborative and exciting environment.
Why Join Us
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground, so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
*LI-PP1Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.