Senior Software Developer at Expedia Group
Senior Software Developer
Are you passionate about being part of an engineering team that delivers new world-class experiences of Virtual Agent chat-bot technologies to travelers and travel agents worldwide?
Expedia’s Conversation Platform Technology team are responsible for building accelerators, products and processes that power the Conversational Platform at Expedia Group. In this role, you will collaborate to craft effortless customer and travel agent experiences worldwide in Expedia apps, web sites, support channels, and contact centers. We support over 15 thousand agents and over 100 million customer interactions a year with a global brand portfolio and workforce.
If you have strong web development skills and enjoy building web-based UI’s on a modern web stack, this team is the place for you. Add a healthy passion for wrestling with complex software systems and a desire to build automation tools, and you'll be set apart from the crowd.
If teamwork, ownership, recognition, simplification, and test-and-learn speaks to you - and the thought of joining a growing team excites you - we want to talk to you!
Who you are:
- BS or MS in Computer Science or a related engineering field
- +5 years of experience leading technical designs, mentoring developers and helping driving Engineering Maturity
- Experience building full-stack applications with Java, Node.js, React, etc
- Deep understanding of software design principles, algorithms, data structures, and multi-threading concepts
- Self-starter that enjoys and takes pride in the development work of their team
- A strong passion for solving complex software engineering puzzles
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, collaborative and exciting environment
What you’ll do:
- Lead the design, analysis, development and deployment efforts for multiple enterprise application projects to tackle complex business problems
- Produce scalable, flexible, efficient and supportable solutions using appropriate technologies
- Support and follow the Expedia Software Development Life-cycle
- Collaborate with Developers, Program Managers, Testers and Production Support Engineers in an agile development environment
- Work with the product team to quickly prototype and iterate on new ideas - and you'll create fast, easy-to-use, and intuitive applications
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, Vrbo®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® Cruise® and SilverRail Technologies, Inc. For more information, visit www.expediagroup.com.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.